The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is West Africa’s foremost examining board established by law to determine the examinations required in the public interest in the English-speaking West African countries, to conduct the examinations and to award certificates comparable to those of equivalent examining authorities internationally.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified staff of the Council to fill the under-mentioned position below in the Nigeria National Office of the Council:
Job Title: Administrative Officer II
- The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of professional level administrative duties involving budgets, policies, procedures, organisation, planning, contracts, facilities, equipment, supplies, personnel and special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the Department.
- Ensuring the safety and security of office properties and documents.
- Responsible for insurance, legal, safety, and other compliance requirements.
- Preparing reports on key activities/events in the Department.
- Supervising the functions of some categories of staff in the Department.
- Preparing Minutes of Meetings and Matters Arising there from and dealing with specific correspondence and documentation as and when required.
- Consulting, researching, negotiating and monitoring contracts and agreements with suppliers, service providers, leasing agents and others.
- Representing the Department on Committees and task forces for the development, scheduling, implementation and monitoring of programmes and projects.
- Implementing and monitoring support services to other Departments.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Director of Administration.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess five (5) credits in WASSCE/GCE “O” Levels including English language and Mathematics at a sitting, or six (6) credits at not more than two (2) sittings including English Language and Mathematics;
- Possess a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree (Minimum, Second Class Lower);
- Have at least three (3) years post qualification experience in a reputable organisation;
- Not be more than forty (40) years.
- Be able to use Personal Computers, MS Office software package and have knowledge of web-based systems;
- Be a team player with good inter-personal skills and be open and able to lead change;
- Possess influencing, analytical and communication skills;
- Be an organiser/planner with ability to be flexible and to be able to successfully implement ideas.
Further to the requirement in the advert, the following condition shall apply:
- Notwithstanding the requirement of at least three (3) years relevant post professional qualification work exprerience, the three years’ post professional experience may be waived in the case of serving officers (EO and above) who obtained their qualification during their period of service with Council, provided they already possess at least FOUR years acceptable pre-professional qualification experience.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A scanned passport photograph of size between 7kb to 30kb and dimension 275 x 314 pixels
- Educational qualifications (secondary and tertiary with uploaded scanned copies of certificates obtained). Size of upload between 50kb to 120kb, width between 400pixels to 1200pixels and height between 600pixels to 1500pixels.
- You can only apply for a position if you have created a user account, verified your account and logged in.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application details should be completed and submitted not later than the closing date.