Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Engineer
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Level: Mid Level
Reporting to: WASH Programme Manager
Proposed Start Date: October 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of WASH Engineer who will be responsible to plan, implement and manage WASH infrastructure (constructions, réhabilitations and repairs) related activities in coordination and consultation with the WASH Program Manager; ensure proper coordination, consultation and information sharing with WASH Sector and Local WASH and nutrition structure, partners and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the technical activities are up to the AAH standards (WASH package) and WASH in Nut standard are followed by using AAH quality assurance tool kit;
- Assisting the Line manager in the selection, design and construction of water systems, using ground water or surface water, including abstraction, storage, treatment and distribution for new systems or rehabilitation of existing systems;
- Provide technical assistance to the Line manager to assess sanitation needs, and design and implement the most appropriate form of sanitation system, in consultation with male and female beneficiaries, which includes excreta disposal, refuse disposal, vector control and drainage;
- Identification and sensitization of local artisans on various latrines designs and construction with signing of MOU in collaboration with stakeholders;
- Ensure that effective communication and networking is developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration;
- Team with local Government and sectoral stakeholders/counterparts to exchange information on WASH technical implementation status;
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- To support line manager in maintaining regular contact with local stakeholders including government ministries;
- Submit technical report and consumption report to the WASH Programme Manager (Upon request);
- Coordinating with other technical teams or the on-site construction supervision personnel on technical matters.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Water Resources Engineering; Building Engineering and Civil Engineering;
- Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities;
- Capacity to be flexible and adaptable;
- Three years relevant work experience;
- Microsoft Office and designing software skills (AutoCAD, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word);
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited;
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
Starting Basic Salary / Benefits
- N421,594 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.