FedEx Grounds and other employers in the country are seeking to hire team of dedicated professionals to who would love to work to enable the growth of the business as Warehouse Workers.
What’s required to work in Canada?
To work in Canada, you will typically need to have a valid work permit and a job offer from a Canadian employer. The process of obtaining a work permit can vary depending on your country of origin, the type of job you are seeking
How to get a Canadian Work Permit
Here are the general steps you will need to take to work in Canada as an immigrant:
- Obtain a job offer from a Canadian employer: In order to apply for a work permit, you must have a job offer from a Canadian employer. The job offer must be supported by a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
- Meet the eligibility requirements: You must be able to pass security, criminal, and medical background checks.
- Apply for a work permit: Once you have a job offer and meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply for a work permit through the Government of Canada’s online application system. You will need to provide documentation such as your passport, proof of your job offer, and other relevant documents.
- Obtain your work permit: Once your application is approved, you will be issued a work permit.
A warehouse worker is responsible for a variety of tasks within a warehouse setting. They’re required to be physically and medically fit to function effectively in the position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Picking and filling orders from stock
- Packaging and labeling products
- Loading and unloading products from delivery trucks
- Operating forklifts, pallet jacks, and other warehouse equipment
- Performing inventory control and keeping track of stock levels
- Keeping the warehouse clean and organized
- Following safety procedures at all times
Job Skills and Qualifications
Skills and qualifications typically required for a warehouse worker include:
- Physical stamina and strength, as the job often involves lifting and moving heavy items
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team
- Basic math and computer skills
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Prior experience in a warehouse setting is preferred but not always necessary.
Remuneration Packages and Benefits Enjoyed by a Warehouse Worker in Canada
The remuneration package and benefits offered to warehouse workers in Canada can vary depending on the specific employer and location, as well as the level of experience and skill of the worker.
Typically, warehouse workers in Canada are paid an hourly wage. The average hourly wage for warehouse workers in Canada is around $16.00 – $18.00 per hour.
In addition to an hourly wage, many warehouse workers in Canada also receive benefits such as:
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement savings plans
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Overtime pay
- Training and development opportunities
Some employers may also offer additional benefits such as employee discounts, transportation allowances, and tuition reimbursement for continuing education.