Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: Logistics Manager
Proposed Start Date: February 2022
- Identify the items entering and leaving and check the quality, quantity and documentation;
- Report any problems with quality, quantity or documentation immediately;
- Update the SFU on a daily basis, submit weekly to warehouse manager;
- Ensure that the stocks forms bin cards, stock cards etc. are kept up to date;
- Restrict entry into storage facilities and keep keys for the storage facilities;
- Carry out monthly physical inventory of all items in stock and submit SFU to the logistics manager;
- Ensure that programmes stock is released from the warehouse before the end date of the grant it was purchased on;
- Make sure that the stock is arranged in such a way that it’s easy to count and aisles are accessible;
- Check daily and record the temperature and humidity of the store. More especially, make sure the approved layout is implemented when available;
- Supervise the management of infected products. For instance, make sure that they are separated and documented;
- Receive and issue out the various dispatch documents i.e. SROs, DN Waybills as per kitlog procedures;
- Ensure the owner personally conduct a physical review on any stock they have requested and sign the necessary documentation;
- Supervise warehouse assistants day to day work;
- Provide support whenever needed;
- Keep a good information flow with the procurement team (in the base and Abuja) to either update on the deliveries or anticipate on the upcoming deliveries.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Management or any other related stream with professional experience in stock management;
- At least 2 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least 1 years of experience in emergency;
- Previous experience of warehouse management in an INGO;
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of a mainly national team, including remote management;
- Strong team communicator and facilitator between the interests of different departments;
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English and excellent in Hausa or Kanuri language;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft and Excel Packages;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions in an isolated area;
- An Understanding of and commitment to Action Against Hunger’s mission and values.
Starting Gross Basic Salary
NGN 281,063 per month (excluding other benefits).
Application Closing Date
31st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply