Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Pulka, Borno
- The Admin and Logistics Assistant – Warehouse is responsible for accounting and maintaining the records for all commodities received, stored and dispatched in compliance with Plan International and donor (WFP) guidelines.
- The Warehouse assistant is responsible for documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage and delivery of all food commodities and other PIN commodities.
Dimensions of the Role
- The Admin & Logistics – Warehouse is responsible for maintaining and accounting all commodities records for received, stored and dispatched for the WFP programme according to the methodologies and guidelines provided by the donor (WFP) and Plan International.
In collaboration with the Officer:
- Conduct a thorough inspection of all trucks on arrival at the warehouse, ensure that trucks are properly covered with tarpaulins and there are no unauthorized commodities mixed with the food.
- Fill the truck inspection report before commencement of offloading.
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Supervise the offloading staff during the process of offloading commodities and make sure that its properly undertaken and ensure commodities are carefully inspected, counted during offloading before being accepted into the warehouse.
- Stack commodities according to types and batch number/expiration and on pallets ensuing a space of one meter between stacks, wall, stacks and ceiling are maintained.
- Report any shortage, damaged, expired and excess to the warehouse supervisor and reflect such difference in all copies of the delivery documents.
- Fill all stack cards immediately after completing stacking.
- Fill in all forms (waybill loading & offloading tally sheet and random weighting form) during and immediately after completing the offloading process. Record all quantities delivered short, quantities lost on transit and damaged if any.
- Dispatch food commodities based on approved commodity dispatch authorization.
- Ensure all documents for commodity dispatch have been correctly and completely filled from the warehouse.
- Use the FIFO principle for commodity. Commodity arriving first must be dispatch first except for reconstituted commodities.
- Use FEFO principle where we have commodities with short shelf life.
- Stack damaged bags separately.
- Record quantities of damaged units for each consignment.
- Short weight and damaged bags are reconstituted immediately.
- Reconstitute bags should be dispatched first.
- Responsible for maintaining the shipment and loss/damage register for the warehouse.
- Maintain a register for all commodity shipment received.
- Maintain a shipment file with the original supporting documents of each shipment of commodities received.
- Maintain a register for all losses/damaged that were incurred in the warehouse during commodity movement.
- Ensure warehouse compound is clean and free from debris, rodents and have good ventilation.
- Ensure placement of first aid and firefighting equipment in strategic locations in the warehouse.
- Conduct routine inspection of warehouse to detect any infestation and inform the warehouse supervisor.
- Conduct weekly/monthly stock count to ensure accountability for all stored commodities at the warehouse.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted