The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Volunteer – Help With Graphic Designing for the Community ODF Project
Host Entity: Public Health Aid, Awareness & Education Organization
Duration: 12 weeks
Number of Assignment: 4
Sustainable Development Goal: 6. Clean water and sanitation
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required: 1 – 5
Mission and Objectives
- PHAAE is a non-profit organization duly registered in Nigeria working on issues affecting women, adolescent girls and children in the areas of Water & Nutrition, Sanitation & Hygiene.
- Our motivation is on empowering women and girls to lead healthy and meaningful lives.
- PHAAE aims at eradicating health inequalities and water poverty in Nigeria by working more on water, sanitation and hygiene issues in the nation and by providing rural dwellers with access to clean water and affordable sanitation facilities.
- We share a joint cause with the united Nations in the implementation of Sustainable Goal 6, Clean Water and Sanitation.
- Ultimately our purpose is to contribute to the eradication of poverty by tackling existing health issues which could easily have been avoided by making clean water, nutrition and decent sanitation facilities available for all
- Is of a Nigeria & Africa where women and girls from all communinities are empowered to lead healthy and fulfilling lives in safe, healthy and disease free conditions.
- Accountability: We are accountable for every of our ambitious goals and we deliver on every of our commitments.
- Transparency: We propagate clearness and avoid ambiguity in all our dealings and engagements.
- Learning: We learn and adapt to every of our experiences to improve our performance and impact.
- Professionalism: In our work and displays we demonstrate a high level of professionalism and we are culturally sensitive when working with any population.
- Partnerships: We are open to associate with diverse communities to co devise and realize sustainable result
- PHAAE is currently looking for 4 volunteers to design educational materials on our pilot project on Open Defecation and also health awareness posters for our partner engagement with Famacare, Lauen Parker and nello.
- Volunteers will be asked to create a series of drawing in order to illustrate our on-going Programs.
- We are looking for 4 talented illustrators and designers with references.
- Volunteers must have the ability to think out of the box, with good sense of humor & have previous working experience as well.
- The task will also include creating educational graphics for awareness creation on social media with topics on clean water, toilet and hand hygiene, and open defecation etc.
- Volunteers will also help create a children friendly health education materials on hand washing and open defecation
- Profile: 4 Years experiences in 1 relevant field: Drawing, Cartooning, Character Designer, Story-boarder)
- Professional Skills: Character Design, Cartooning, Drawing, Adobe Illustrator Expert, Adobe Photoshop Expert, English (very good level needed).
- Personal Skill: Must be able to “Think outside the box”, Responsive, Very Adaptive, Creativity, Work well on short notice.
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022.
Method of Application
Intereted and qualified candiates should:
Click here to apply online
- United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.