Wedujj Business Services and other employers in the country are looking for dedicated professionals who would love to work as part of a team to ensure the growth of the business as a Store Cashier.
What’s required to work in the United Arab Emirates?
To work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), you will typically need the following:
- A valid work visa: In order to legally work in the UAE, you will need to obtain a work visa. This can be obtained through your employer, who will sponsor your visa application.
- A valid passport: You will need a valid passport from your home country in order to enter the UAE and work there.
- Educational qualifications: Many jobs in the UAE require a specific level of education and qualifications, such as a degree or diploma.
- Professional licenses or certifications: Depending on the type of job you are applying for, you may need to have specific professional licenses or certifications, such as a teaching or nursing license.
- Work experience: Many jobs in the UAE require a certain amount of work experience in a related field.
- Language skills: English is widely spoken in the UAE, but you may also need to have a good command of Arabic, depending on the job you are applying for.
- Criminal background check: UAE employers may conduct a criminal background check on potential employees.
A Cashier is responsible for handling financial transactions in a retail or customer service setting. They’re required to have good cash-handling and arithmetic skills to succeed in the position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating cash registers and other point-of-sale equipment
- Handling cash, credit and debit card payments
- Making change and providing receipts
- Counting money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shifts
- Resolving customer complaints and issues
- Maintaining accurate records of transactions
- Balancing cash drawers and making drops to the designated location
- Stocking and replenishing items
- Following cash handling procedures and security policies
Job Skills and Requirements
Skills and qualifications typically required for a Cashier include:
- Strong customer service skills
- Good math and numerical skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Prior experience as a cashier or in a similar role is preferred but not always necessary.
Remuneration Packages and Benefits Enjoyed by a Cashier in the United Arab Emirates
The remuneration package and benefits offered to a Cashier in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can vary depending on the specific employer, location, and the level of experience and skill of the worker.
Typically, Cashiers in the UAE are paid an hourly wage or a salary. The average salary for a Cashier in the UAE is around AED 2,000 – AED 3,500 per month.
In addition to an hourly wage or salary, many Cashiers in the UAE also receive benefits such as:
- Overtime pay
- Pension scheme
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts