Culina Logistics and other employers in the country are looking for dedicated professionals who would love to work as part of a team to ensure the growth of the business as an Order Picker.
What’s required to work in the United Kingdom?
For an immigrant to work in the United Kingdom (UK), an individual typically needs to have the following:
- A valid work permit or visa: Non-British citizens from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland will typically need to apply for a work permit or visa in order to be able to work in the UK.
- Proof of identity and right to work: Employers in the UK are required to check that an individual has the right to work in the country before they start working. This typically involves checking a passport or other form of identification and evidence of the right to work, such as a work permit or visa.
- National Insurance Number: All workers in the UK are required to have a National Insurance (NI) number, which is a unique number used for tax and social security purposes.
- Pass a Criminal Records Check: Some employers may ask you to provide a criminal records check, or disclose any criminal conviction, if you are applying for a job where you will be working with children or vulnerable adults.
- Relevant qualifications and experience: Most jobs in the UK require certain qualifications and experience in order to be considered for the role.
- Health and Safety requirements: Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that the health, safety and welfare of their employees are protected at work.
- Language Proficiency: Knowing English is important for most jobs in the UK, as it is the main language of business and communication.
An Order Picker is responsible for selecting and preparing products for shipment to customers in a warehouse or distribution center.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading and interpreting customer orders and picking lists
- Retrieving products from warehouse shelves using hand-held scanners, forklifts, or other equipment
- Packaging and preparing products for shipment
- Inspecting products for quality and accuracy
- Maintaining accurate inventory records
- Operating equipment such as hand trucks, pallet jacks, and forklifts
- Following safety procedures and guidelines
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
Skills and qualifications typically required for an Order Picker include:
- Physical stamina and strength, as the job often involves manual labor and working in a warehouse environment
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Proficiency in using hand-held scanners or other warehouse equipment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Prior experience as an order picker or in a similar role is preferred but not always necessary.
Remuneration Packages and Benefits Enjoyed by an Order Picker in the United Kingdom
The remuneration package and benefits offered to an Order Picker in the United Kingdom (UK) can vary depending on the specific employer, location, and the level of experience and skill of the worker.
Typically, Order Pickers in the UK are paid an hourly wage. The average hourly wage for Order Pickers in the UK is around £8.72 – £10.00 per hour.
In addition to an hourly wage, many Order Pickers in the UK also receive benefits such as:
- Overtime pay
- Pension scheme
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts