Marriot International Inc., and other employers in the country are looking for dedicated professionals who would love to work as part of a team to ensure the growth of the business as a Front Desk Agent.
What’s required to work in the United Kingdom?
For an immigrant to work in the United Kingdom (UK), an individual typically needs to have the following:
- A valid work permit or visa: Non-British citizens from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland will typically need to apply for a work permit or visa in order to be able to work in the UK.
- Proof of identity and right to work: Employers in the UK are required to check that an individual has the right to work in the country before they start working. This typically involves checking a passport or other form of identification and evidence of the right to work, such as a work permit or visa.
- National Insurance Number: All workers in the UK are required to have a National Insurance (NI) number, which is a unique number used for tax and social security purposes.
- Pass a Criminal Records Check: Some employers may ask you to provide a criminal records check, or disclose any criminal conviction, if you are applying for a job where you will be working with children or vulnerable adults.
- Relevant qualifications and experience: Most jobs in the UK require certain qualifications and experience in order to be considered for the role.
- Health and Safety requirements: Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that the health, safety and welfare of their employees are protected at work.
- Language Proficiency: Knowing English is important for most jobs in the UK, as it is the main language of business and communication.
A Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring a welcoming and pleasant experience for guests at a hotel, resort, or other lodging establishment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking guests in and out of the hotel
- Handling guest inquiries and complaints
- Making reservations
- Handling payments and processing transactions
- Answering phone calls and responding to emails
- Maintaining accurate guest information and records
- Assisting guests with special requests and arrangements
- Collaborating with other hotel staff to ensure guest satisfaction
- Maintaining a clean and organized front desk area
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
Skills and qualifications typically required for a Front Desk Agent include:
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Prior experience as a front desk agent or in a similar role is preferred but not always necessary.
Remuneration Packages and Benefits Enjoyed by a Front Desk Agent in the United Kingdom
The remuneration package and benefits offered to a Front Desk Agent in the United Kingdom (UK) can vary depending on the specific employer, location, and the level of experience and skill of the worker.
Typically, Front Desk Agents in the UK are paid an hourly wage or a salary. The average salary for Front Desk Agents in the UK is around £16,000 – £19,000 per year.
In addition to an hourly wage or salary, many Front Desk Agents in the UK also receive benefits such as:
- Pension scheme
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts