Serco Plc and other employers in the country are looking for dedicated professionals who would love to work as part of a team to ensure the growth of the business as an Electrician
What’s required to work in the United Arab Emirates?
To work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), you will typically need the following:
- A valid work visa: In order to legally work in the UAE, you will need to obtain a work visa. This can be obtained through your employer, who will sponsor your visa application.
- A valid passport: You will need a valid passport from your home country in order to enter the UAE and work there.
- Educational qualifications: Many jobs in the UAE require a specific level of education and qualifications, such as a degree or diploma.
- Professional licenses or certifications: Depending on the type of job you are applying for, you may need to have specific professional licenses or certifications, such as a teaching or nursing license.
- Work experience: Many jobs in the UAE require a certain amount of work experience in a related field.
- Language skills: English is widely spoken in the UAE, but you may also need to have a good command of Arabic, depending on the job you are applying for.
- Criminal background check: UAE employers may conduct a criminal background check on potential employees.
An Electrician is a skilled tradesperson who installs, maintains, and repairs electrical systems and equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, and technical diagrams
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems and equipment, including wiring, lighting, and control systems
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical issues
- Conducting regular maintenance and safety inspections
- Advising on electrical code compliance and providing solutions to code violations
- Keeping accurate records of work performed
- Communicating effectively with other tradespeople and supervisors
- Adhering to safety guidelines and regulations
Job Required Skills and Qualifications
Skills and qualifications typically required for an Electrician include:
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good physical stamina and dexterity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Completion of an electrician apprenticeship program is typically required for this position
- A valid electrician’s license is required to work as an electrician in most places.
- Prior experience as an electrician or in a similar role is preferred but not always necessary.
Remuneration Packages and Benefits Enjoyed by an Electrician in the United Arab Emirates
The remuneration package and benefits offered to an Electrician in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can vary depending on the specific employer, location, and the level of experience and skill of the worker.
Typically, Electricians in the UAE are paid a salary. The average salary for an Electrician in the UAE is around AED 3,500 – AED 6,000 per month. However, some electricians can make more than that, depending on their experience, skillset and location of the company.
In addition to a salary, many Electricians in the UAE also receive benefits such as:
- Overtime pay
- Pension scheme
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts