Aster Group and other employers in the country are looking for dedicated professionals who would love to work as part of a team to ensure the growth of the business as a Cleaner
What’s required to work in the United Kingdom?
For an immigrant to work in the United Kingdom (UK), an individual typically needs to have the following:
- A valid work permit or visa: Non-British citizens from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland will typically need to apply for a work permit or visa in order to be able to work in the UK.
- Proof of identity and right to work: Employers in the UK are required to check that an individual has the right to work in the country before they start working. This typically involves checking a passport or other form of identification and evidence of the right to work, such as a work permit or visa.
- National Insurance Number: All workers in the UK are required to have a National Insurance (NI) number, which is a unique number used for tax and social security purposes.
- Pass a Criminal Records Check: Some employers may ask you to provide a criminal records check, or disclose any criminal conviction, if you are applying for a job where you will be working with children or vulnerable adults.
- Relevant qualifications and experience: Most jobs in the UK require certain qualifications and experience in order to be considered for the role.
- Health and Safety requirements: Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure that the health, safety and welfare of their employees are protected at work.
- Language Proficiency: Knowing English is important for most jobs in the UK, as it is the main language of business and communication.
A Cleaner is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation in a variety of settings, such as offices, hotels, schools, and other facilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, kitchens, and common areas
- Dusting, vacuuming, and mopping floors
- Emptying trash and recycling receptacles
- Cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, including desks, countertops, and tables
- Stocking supplies, such as soap, paper towels, and toilet paper
- Following safety procedures and guidelines
- Notifying management of any maintenance or cleaning issues
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed
- Adhering to cleaning schedules and protocols
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
Skills and qualifications typically required for a Cleaner include:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organizational skills
- Good physical stamina and dexterity
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Prior experience as a cleaner or in a similar role is preferred but not always necessary.
Remuneration Packages and Benefits Enjoyed by a Cleaner in the United Kingdom
The remuneration package and benefits offered to a Cleaner in the United Kingdom (UK) can vary depending on the specific employer, location, and the level of experience and skill of the worker.
Typically, Cleaners in the UK are paid an hourly wage. The average hourly wage for Cleaners in the UK is around £8.72 – £10.00 per hour.
In addition to an hourly wage, many Cleaners in the UK also receive benefits such as:
- Overtime pay
- Pension scheme
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts