Hyatt Place Dubai and other employers in the country are looking for dedicated professionals who would love to work as part of a team to ensure the growth of the business as a Barista.
What’s required to work in the United Arab Emirates?
To work in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), you will typically need the following:
- A valid work visa: In order to legally work in the UAE, you will need to obtain a work visa. This can be obtained through your employer, who will sponsor your visa application.
- A valid passport: You will need a valid passport from your home country in order to enter the UAE and work there.
- Educational qualifications: Many jobs in the UAE require a specific level of education and qualifications, such as a degree or diploma.
- Professional licenses or certifications: Depending on the type of job you are applying for, you may need to have specific professional licenses or certifications, such as a teaching or nursing license.
- Work experience: Many jobs in the UAE require a certain amount of work experience in a related field.
- Language skills: English is widely spoken in the UAE, but you may also need to have a good command of Arabic, depending on the job you are applying for.
- Criminal background check: UAE employers may conduct a criminal background check on potential employees.
A Barista is responsible for preparing and serving coffee and other beverages in a café or coffee shop setting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating coffee-making equipment, such as espresso machines and grinders
- Preparing and serving a variety of beverages, such as coffee, tea, and smoothies
- Taking customer orders and making recommendations
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the café or coffee shop
- Stocking and replenishing supplies
- Handling cash and credit card transactions
- Following food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Providing excellent customer service and building relationships with regular customers
- Keeping up with the latest trends in coffee and café culture
Job Skills and Required Qualifications
Skills and qualifications typically required for a Barista include:
- Strong customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent education
- Prior experience as a barista or in a similar role is preferred but not always necessary.
Remuneration Packages and Benefits Enjoyed by a Barista in the United Arab Emirates
The remuneration package and benefits offered to a Barista in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) can vary depending on the specific employer, location, and the level of experience and skill of the worker.
Typically, Baristas in the UAE are paid an hourly wage or a salary. The average salary for a Barista in the UAE is around AED 1,800- AED 2,500 per month.
In addition to an hourly wage or salary, many Baristas in the UAE also receive benefits such as:
- Overtime pay
- Pension scheme
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts