The University of Lagos (UNILAG) founded in 1962, has, for over 5 decades, provided qualitative and research-oriented education to Nigerians and all those who have entered its domain in search of knowledge. The University has built a legacy of excellence and has been instrumental in the production of top range graduates and academia who have had tremendous impact, directly or indirectly, on growth and development in Nigeria.
We invite applications for:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is a Principal Officer responsible for the day-to-day operations of the University and reports directly to the University’s Council. The Vice-Chancellor must pursue the realization of the University’s Vision and Mission.
- For the post, the University seeks candidates with vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life. The right candidate should also have the ability to develop linkages with external communities to meet the emerging needs of the University. He/She should be able to command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University and its alumni.
The Vice-Chancellor shall:
- Be generally responsible to the Council in maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper enforcement of its statute, and regulations;
- Have the competence to advise the Council on any matter affecting the administration, finance and policy of the University;
- At management level, provide leadership in the relentless pursuit of excellence in all aspects of University life, including teaching, research and community service;
- Be responsible for discipline in the University;
- Regulate the admission of students, subject to guidelines and procedures approved by Senate and to any law or policy at the time that is applicable to the University;
- Undertake any other duties that will promote the growth and development of the University in a conducive atmosphere.
The Eligible candidate
An eligible candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor, University of Lagos must be:
- An exemplary scholar with good quantum of publications in highly rated journals;
- A person with demonstrable capacity for original thinking and creativity;
- A Professor for at least 10 years, and not more than 65 years old on November 11, 2022;
- A person with astute managerial ability who can maintain the peace and academic stability for which the University is reputed;
- A scholar of outstanding national and international repute, with proficiency in Information Communication Technology (ICT) and considerable experience at top levels of University Administration;
- A person with a track record of teaching; research and community service;
- A person with entrepreneurial and innovative abilities with the capacity to create wealth for the sustainability of the University of our future in line with the vision and mission;
- A person endowed with strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership;
- A person with a clear vision for the development of the University in realization of its mission to refocus research and innovation, infrastructural development and human resource allocation as expressed in the University Strategic Plan;
- Able to foster regional and international partnerships, including securing opportunities with the local and International business community for the achievement of the University’s strategic goal;
- A person capable of inspiring the advancement of learning while reaching out to all persons without discrimination in any form;
- Of sound mental and physical health, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity and strong moral character capable of inspiring and maintaining moral discipline among staff and students.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online