The University of Lagos (UNILAG) was established in 1962 by an Act of Parliament of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to encourage the advancement of learning. It is located in the urban and commercial city of Lagos, with the main campus in Akoka and its other campuses are at the College of Medicine, University of Lagos (CMUL) Idi-Araba and Yaba. The University caters for both full-time and part-time students with an overall student population of over sixty thousand (regular and part-time at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels). It has a staff strength of over five thousand.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the University.
- He/She must demonstrate innovative abilities and drive in improving the financial status of the University.
- He/she must have sound knowledge and experience in banking, investment and budgetary procedures.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration, control of the financial affairs of the University and generation of resources for the implementation and sustenance of the University strategic goals as contained in the 25-Year Strategic Plan.
- For the post, the University seeks candidates with vision, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University.
- He/She should be able to command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Furthermore, the candidate must be in good health, be ICT compliant and must not be older than sixty (60) years on Wednesday, November 02, 2022.
- The successful candidate should be able to sustain and improve on the University Bursary’s established linkages.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized institution plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- In addition, the candidate must be a duly registered Fellow of recognized professional Accounting bodies, e.g. ICAN, ANAN, ACCA or any other recognised and acceptable professional accounting qualification.
- The candidates should have at least ten (10) years post-professional qualification(s).
- In addition, the candidates must have at least ten (10) years relevant experience in a senior management position preferably in a University or comparable institution.
- The successful candidates shall hold office for a period of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment which can be extended for another term of one (1) year only subject to satisfactory performance as may be determined by appropriate University Statutes and the Governing Council of the University of Lagos.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and the conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Bursar of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the University’s Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with Twenty (20) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the vision for the position providing information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Name, Mobile telephone number and E-mail of the Next of Kin
- Permanent Home Address
- E-mail and Phone Numbers
- Degrees (including Dates/Class and Institutions) and/or any other qualifications and distinctions (Photocopies of certificates to be attached)
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts
- Other activities outside current employment
- Proposed date of availability for duties; if appointed.
All Applicants are expected to Click Here to complete the Online Application and print out. Candidates should also upload their credentials on the University portal.
The printed Online Application Form along with the hard copies of all applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in an envelope marked “POST OF BURSAR, UNILAG” addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
5th Floor, Senate HOUSE,
University of Lagos,
- Vision: The candidate should also state in clear terms of not more than 500 words, his/her vision for the University in the next five years with particular reference to administration, growth and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- References: In addition to stating the names and addresses of three referees, Applicants should request their referees to forward the references on their behalf directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council, 5th Floor, Senate House, University of Lagos, Nigeria.