Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UI / UX Designer
Job ID: 64406
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- Work with the business to design cutting-edge custom applications that will allow our meet business to stay ahead of the competition and achieve its strategic goals.
- Ensure that all elements of the online user experience are optimized for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Design structures and tools for systems that meet business needs, delivering the technical visualization of proposed applications for approval by the business and execution by the development team.
- Use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to build our product, write clean code, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
- Ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- Work very closely with Product team, Technology and other respective teams towards the goal of uniform UI/UX of product across different platforms: Android, iOS and Web.
- Create cutting-edge user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) designs for mobile apps and other digital solutions
- Design cutting-edge user-centric solutions for digital learning environments and apps
- Develop user-centric UX design deliverables using UX software such as InVision, Balsamiq, Axure, Sketch or Adobe Creative Suite.
- Design cutting-edge, impactful andS appealing UI designs
- Translate client requirements into high level designs, low fidelity mock-ups, wireframes, story boards, and screen flows and interactive prototypes
- Develop user stories and journeys
- Design, conduct, and document usability testing
- Research and analyse market, the users and the roadmap for the product
- Develop bespoke user experience designs based on individual client requirements
- Work closely with the development team to implement the designed solution
- Take accountability for the solutions design and overall quality of the development of all software solutions assigned to you
- Think out of the box to innovate platforms beyond industry trends
- Competitively position the user experience through activities that improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- First Degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development
- One or more years of UX design experience.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must.
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop) is also required.
- Familiarity with databases (MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (AWS, Google, Apache) and UI/UX design
- Experience developing web and mobile application
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online