FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Officer
Location: Lagos (Partial Remote Authorized)
Employment type: Permanent contract
- FairMoney is is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We are unique thanks to our international exposure (with offices on 3 continents) and our impact-driven mission: we bring financial inclusion to underbanked people in emerging markets! We give 10,000 loans daily (one every 8 seconds!) in Nigeria and India, and have banking operations in Nigeria, with over 1 million users.
- We’re backed by international investors and raised close to €50m to support our development. We are a team of over 300 people between Paris, Lagos, Bangalore, Riga.
- The Capital Markets team in Nigeria is responsible for the Company’s debt fund raising programme which is in turn used to finance the strong growth in FairMoney’s loan book as well as other needs.
- Given FairMoney’s growth plans, the Company is hiring an experienced and dynamic Treasury officer. We will expect you to join the team with ideas on how to fully set-up a standard treasury operation for a digital bank.
We are waiting for you to join us and:
- Set up a functional treasury department
- Review and manage the company’s funding needs
- Cash and liquidity management through cash flow planning and forecasting
- Develop & execute ALM management strategy
- Access FX risks and recommend performing appropriate hedging solutions where necessary
- Develop and manage the Company’s investment portfolio strategy
- Provide recommendation on target cost of funds
- Establish and/or Manage relationship with the company’s bankers
- B.Sc in any related field. An MSc, MBA, or relevant certification is an advantage
- 5 – 8 years experience in Treasury Management preferably in a Bank or Financial Institution
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigerian Financial Markets
- Experience in Liquidity & Cash Management.
- Knowledge of liquidity guidelines for Banks and other financial institutions
- Experience in Forex, Commodity & Interest Rate Exposure Management is an advantage
- Knowledge of Treasury Operations and Accounting.
- Knowledge of investment portfolio strategy, banking and financial instruments.
- Sound analytical and presentation skills
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills
- Excellent Project management skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Phone Screening with Titi, HR & TA Manager
- Technical test
- Technical Interview with Henry, VP Capital Markets
- Last interview with a Business Unit Head