Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury and Liquidity Analyst
- This role sits in the treasury and liquidity management team which manages the supply and demand of financial resources within the organization.
- This includes ensuring that the firm has sufficient financial resources to fund customer and organisation activities as they occur, minimising currency risk while also establishing an optimal funding and investment structure to support achievement of business objectives.
- This role will play a key role in ensuring the credibility of data and management information used to monitor, and inform decision making regarding, the liquidity position.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own and deliver daily and month end reconciliation of ledger entries and balances to bank and other payment partner positions, with timely resolution of discrepancies/mismatches and appropriate escalation of any unresolved items outside defined SLAs to appropriate contacts in a timely manner
- Deliver daily reporting of treasury and liquidity KPIs to finance and treasury leaders
- Support weekly and monthly cashflow forecasting and variance analysis
- Maintain strong working relationships with bank and payment partners, as well as key internal contacts
- Follow-up and confirm timely execution of key treasury transactions
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on the firm’s FX exposure
- Support regular and ad hoc data analysis and data requests
- Participate in treasury projects and support on internal/external audit queries
- Contribute to and implement initiatives to improve controls and operational processes in treasury
What You Should Have:
- Degree and / or Professional qualification in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative fields
- 2 years Banking or Payments Industry Treasury Operations experience
- Strong experience in spreadsheets and Excel
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Good time and task management with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Be collaborative and ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Ability to working in a cross-cultural environment
Preferable but not essential:
- Experience managing foreign exchange
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online