The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Transition Specialist, USAID / OTL
Requisition ID: req27124
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC), in partnership with Plan International, the American University in Nigeria (AUN), Inclusive Development Partners (IDP), and Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) is implementing a five-year USAID-funded education programme called ‘Opportunities to Learn’ in Borno and Yobe States between October 2021 and October 2026.
- The Programme intends to ensure more than 193,854 OOSC and youth in Borno and Yobe States are safely able to gain foundational literacy, numeracy, and social and emotional learning (SEL) skills to progress to higher levels of education, training, and or engagement in the workforce.
- The Transition Specialist, based in Maiduguri, will work closely with the Programs Lead, State Programs Managers, and Institutional Capacity Building Specialist to develop realistic, economic, and timely plans to sustainably turn over management of certain activities to the Nigerian government, specifically the oversight of NFLCs and data hubs.
- Cultivates and build strong networks with key government institutions (MOE, SUBEB, SAME)
- Helps develop realistic strategic and sustainability plans.
- In collaboration with other program units, conceptualize and jointly develop a transition plan for the mainstreaming of ABEP learners to the conventional schools.
- Identify and document the processes involved in the mainstreaming of the ABEP graduates and 9 years old to the conventional schools.
- In collaboration with other program units, conceptualize and jointly develop a strategic plan for the mainstreaming of 9 years old to the conventional schools.
- Facilitates the creation and strengthening of needed structures within relevant government education management institutions for the integration, institutionalization, and sustenance of the ABEP.
- Facilitates the development of relevant policies, plans, and frameworks for the certification of ABEP graduates.
- Develops and systematize the pathways for the mainstreaming of the ABEP graduates and 9 years old to the conventional schools.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Governance, International Development, or related field; Master’s preferred
- Five years of progressive experience in governance, policy reform, or institutional reform.
- Experience conducting participatory needs and capacity assessments for state and local government actors, particularly on budgets and administration.
- Experience developing action improvement plans.
- Previous work experience with MOE or SUBEB preferred.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online