The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Test Day Coordinator
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Contract Duration: 12 months fixed term contract
Pay band: 4
- The Examinations business makes a significant contribution to British Council financial sustainability, and as such, it is essential that the business evolves in order to maintain its position in a fast-changing operating context.
- Nigeria exam business is the British Council’s largest operation in Sub-Saharan Africa with offices in 4 cities – Port Harcourt in the south, Kano in the north, Abuja the Federal capital, and Lagos the commercial centre.
- We also have a number of project offices across the country. Our 200 staff work across a range of states delivering large scale contracts, partnership programmes, examinations, projects as well as services in Arts, Education & Society and English & Exams. We are already delivering exams in about 23 states and have plans to grow and expand our impact even further across Nigeria.
- While we partner mostly with UK examination board and institutions to delivers exams, we also have a network of about 400 partner schools locally that sit Cambridge exams through the British Council.
- The post holder will ensure effective and efficient delivery of Exams in Nigeria. To manage Venue Supervisor engagement, relationship and performance.
- To co-ordinate and manage any risk or issue resolution, including co-ordination of customer communication directly or through customer services.
- To be point of contact for Venues/Venue Supervisors on the day.
- This role will be required to work test days which will involve weekend work as part of the contracted hours.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- First Degree in any subject
- Experience working in a busy operational environment delivering high levels of customer service.
- Ability to ensure compliance, risk and security standards are monitored and maintained.
- Track record of working in a tightly controlled process driven environment
- Providing instructions to others and monitoring service within quality standards.
- Working quickly and accurately to tight schedules and deadlines.
- Training and managing others to deliver to quality standards.
- Experience working in Exams
- Experience of supporting on delivery of computer-based exams.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application.
- The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.