Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Writer, Business Development Specialist
Job Code: 6953
Location: Abuja, with possible travel to other work locations in Nigeria
Reports to: Associate Director, Head of Business Development
Role / Responsibilities
- The Technical Writer will work on DAI’s new business efforts in Nigeria through a mix of regular and on-demand tasks.
- Under the guidance of the Head of BD, the Technical Writer will work closely with staff engaged in new business to win new business for the Operating Platform, as well as respond to requests supports from DAI business units in other parts of the world.
Specific tasks include the following:
- Facilitate winning new business in Nigeria and other business units. Related subtasks include:
- Lead in technical writing for the development of local proposals across market segments – donor, foundation, private sector and GON
- Provide technical inputs to proposals managed by other business units to include but not limited to identification and engagement of local partner, research and proposal draft reviews
- Develop thought leadership across various sectors
- Facilitate field research for proposal development.
- Conduct on-line background/contextual research and analysis of relevance to proposal opportunities.
- Cultivate good relationships with potential clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Undertake billable project work when the opportunity arises.
- Other duties as specified by the Head of Business Development and other assigned authorities.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position:
- Master’s Degree with 7- 9 years of work experience in relevant areas to include: proposal development, technical writing, approach and work plan development international, research & analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in business development in the development sector, inclusive of proposal development for donor organisations -USAID, FCDO, EU, World Bank – International Foundations and Nigerian Government.
- Proven capacity for research and analysis.
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Team player with positive attitude.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online