Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Accountability
Job Requisition ID: 2022201583
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: M & E Coordinator
- The main responsibility of the Senior Technical Officer-Accountability is to lead the management of a centralized Complaints and Feedback Mechanisms (CFM) within FHI 360 country/state offices and create a culture of accountability to crisis affected population.
- The incumbent will oversee that clear and transparent rule for raising, and processing complaints are established and that complaints are recorded and addressed by relevant parts of FHI 360 Country Office (CO) within a reasonable timeframe.
- The incumbent will broadly help with ensuring quality in responses through capacity building and support of beneficiaries involved in responding to complaints.
- Furthermore, the incumbent will utilize the information received through the feedback channel to produce periodic reports and analysis that can strengthen programming and increase overall organizational accountability.
- He/she will coordinate the refinement of the organization accountability mechanisms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the M&E coordinator and HQ team to develop accountability framework for the FHI 360 Humanitarian projects and ensure accountability plans are well-coordinated with project staff.
- Develop benchmark/indicator to monitor accountability across programmes
- Provide extensive capacity building for staff and partners on the concept of accountability
- Coordinate, consolidate and document lessons learned and best practices and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Work innovatively to improve direct beneficiary contact mechanisms to enable accountability and strengthen the understanding of programs’ outcomes, in line with Humanitarian Accountability Framework and Core Humanitarian Standards
- Ensure the existence of accountability communications materials to promote access to accountability mechanisms amongst beneficiaries.
- Ensure that FHI 360 CFM system is implemented according to guidelines and SoPs developed.
- Design and manage a comprehensive complaint and feedback mechanism database to record and track trends of feedback and complaint from program beneficiaries.
- Manage CFM data and information for all Core Competencies in FHI 360.
- Lead in setting up a functional complaint and feedback mechanism across project sites.
- Serve as primary contact for all CFM related issues within the office and with CO.
- Communicate and disseminate CFM standards and guidelines within FHI 360 and conduct training and capacity building of staff involved including topics of CFM, Accountability to Affected Populations and safeguarding policy.
- Support PSEA investigations with utmost discretion if and as designated by Office of Compliance and Internal Audit (OCIA).
- Design and support dissemination of information related to CFM in beneficiary, host communities, and relevant partners specifically in relation to confidential complaints mechanisms i.e. complaints boxes, toll-free lines, help desk log all complaints received through complaint boxes and refer to relevant focal point for processing.
- Assign deadlines for resolution of complaints and ensure proper response is generated in reasonable time.
- Ensure that all complaints received by FHI 360 are triaged, transferred to relevant parts of the project implementation site, and ensure that complaints are responded to in a timely manner by the State/Country Office
- Produce regular internal (and external) reports on complaint trends, response procedures, and relevant issues and contribute to documentation and sharing of M&E reports that facilitate evidence-based decision-making, internally as well as with partners and donors.
- Support program staff in identifying and addressing all CFM related needs.
- Provide support to M&E teams in reviewing information across projects, to ensure that feedback and complaints are considered in programme management decisions.
- Led in the assessment, review and learnings/sharing on the performance of CFM
- Work closely with thematic sectors, stakeholders and beneficiaries to gather information on CFM program monitoring, progress and quality to support the ongoing CFM activities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MSc / MA in relevant Degree with at least 5 years relevant experience in accountability, feedback and complaint mechanisms with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
- Or B.Sc / BA in Social Sciences, Economics, Business Administration or relevant degree with 7 years’ relevant experience in accountability, feedback and complaint mechanisms with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
- Or B.Sc / BA in Statistics, Psychology, Microbiology, Monitoring and Evaluation or in relevant Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience in accountability, feedback and complaint mechanisms, monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
- Prior experience working for an International NGO is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of humanitarian programs in North East Nigeria specifically. Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation.
- Demonstrable experience of competently and effectively synthesizing and managing large quantities of data.
- Strong excel, data analysis and reporting skills. Knowledge and experience in accountability and feedback and complaint mechanism.
- Experience in working through systems of community participation and accountability.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to hold self-accountable for making decisions and managing resources efficiently.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision. High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa/Kanuri communication.
- Strong critical thinking and problem – solving skills.
- Well-developed computer skills. Proven capacity to deliver training and coach staff.
- Ability to travel to field sites and work in remotes locations, often for prolong period.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online