Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Consultant for SASA, Together Materials Adaptation and Development
Locations: Ebonyi and Sokoto
Employment Type: Contract
Reports To: Gender & SBCC Advisor
Duration: March – May 2022
- To review the Set Up and Start Phase content of SASA! Together community mobilization approach to prevent violence against women modules leading to the adaptation and development of audience specific IEC materials that addresses the root causes of violence against women and girls using cantered artistic pictorials that depict a particular message being promoted through posters, flashcards, flyers, brochures, Flipcharts etc.
- Graphics and artwork in the content of the adapted sections should reflect the cultural values and sensitivities of local communities.
- Review, adapt, develop graphic design and translate into Hausa and Igbo languages the SASA Together Start Phase materials required for use in Local Activism. E.g. Power posters, Community conversations, Deeper Discussions, Bingo games, Community posters, Drama sketches, Community info sheets.
- Review, adapt, develop graphic design and translate into Hausa and Igbo languages the SASA Together Start Phase materials required for use in Community Leadership Activities. E.g. Leadership leaflet, Community talking points, Social media, Quick chats, Sermon notes for Christian and Muslim religious leaders.
- Review, adapt, develop graphic design and translate into Hausa and Igbo languages the SASA Together Start Phase materials required for use in Institutional Strengthening Activities E.g. Phase PowerPoint presentations, Institutional info sheets
- Review, adapt, develop graphic design and translate into Hausa and Igbo languages the Learning and Assessment tools required for the SASA! Together Start Phase
- Engage stakeholders including LPs at the State and Community levels through a 2 days’ workshop to facilitate the adaption and finalization of the SASA! Together Set up and Start Phase content materials
- Pre-test the draft adapted and developed materials to determine suitability of illustrations in context; be part of the field work team to note down suggested changes from target audience and incorporate/update materials based on field experience.
- Present final report
Qualifications / Experiences / Competencies
- Graphic designer with University Degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ field experience in SBCC material development, layout, clarity of picture and illustrative context.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, community surveys and good publication track records are desirable
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are essential
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to speak and write in Hausa and Igbo Languages for translation purpose
- Excellent report writing skills
- Familiarity with international donors and social development report writing requirements will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Technical Consultant for SASA Ebonyi or Sokoto” as the subject of the mail.
- CV and Cover Letter as one Word document
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer