United Bank for Africa (UBA) PLC is a leading pan-African financial services institution with a global footprint. We have a clear purpose to be a role model for African businesses by creating superior value for all our stakeholders.
UBA has a large footprint across the globe operating in 20 African countries: Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’Ivoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda, and Zambia. The Bank also operates in the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and with a presence in Paris.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Value Chain Banking
Job Type: Permanent
- We are looking for a candidate who has good knowledge of product offering, deployment, support and an oversight of online and transaction banking products sales.
- Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience from a fintech, payment service provider or telecommunication industry.
- To perform and manage all activities of the value chain team and grow the businesses / partnerships of the various product lines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To manage principals’ business value chain activities with the aim of maximizing the relationships.
- To identify new value chain opportunities and provide support through products development and other initiatives.
- To drive and support the business offices in managing customers within our principal accounts value chain.
- Building and maintain catalogue of value chain entities e.g. suppliers, distributors, vendors, whole-sellers etc. of the existing multinationals and large local principal.
- Generate the value chain entities turnover, balances and collections into the principal accounts via finacle to know the performance of each entity
- Analyze the statistical performances of the value chain entities
- Advising branch and relationship managers on new products and changes to products/process in servicing the value chain
- Participate in gathering market intelligence and competitive information
- Liaise with the relationship managers and business offices on the value chain customers’ transactions and offer sales supports.
- Analysis of status of the existing relationship/account with special focus on top names using 80 / 20 rule
- Identify active, inactive or dormant relationship and monitor corresponding turnover on these accounts
- Liaise with the relationship and business managers on the analyzed accounts with a view to taking definite action depending on the status of account.
- Support and solicit for increase business, reactivation of dormant account.
- Ensure awareness of digital banking channels/platforms adoption to drive retention.
- Engage relationship managers and directorate heads on third party payment to allay deposit leakage and to drive retention.
- Interface with internal stake-holders and third-party solution providers for seamless flow of transactions
- Review of products, services for market relevance.
- Participate and organize training for business offices in the bank towards enhancing collections volume.
- Strategic Joint marketing drives with business offices with the view to grow collections volume.
- Monitoring of collection from major/key distributors to the principal to identify trend & analytics.
- Involved in various reports analysis such as weekly collections tracker,snapshot collection and income incentive
- Sending out proposals/ prospect list and sales toolkits to business offices with the view of winning new mandates that will improve our CASA Deposit.
- Put calls across to value chain entities who have not made payments for at least one week to find out what is the issue
- Cascade information from mandate owners to the internal customers with the aim of enhancing our service delivery.
- Representing the bank at dealer forum conveyed by the principals.
- Providing list of dormant and inactive accounts to relevant business offices with the view of reactivating such accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any related field.
- Masters and / or other professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience from a fintech, telecommunications, payment service provider industry.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpretation of business needs into operational requirements.
- Good understanding of the banking industry and remittance industry
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
- Excellent product and project management skill.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Excellent communication, planning, organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online