United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Middleware Management
Job Type: Permanent
- To provide technical support to middleware applications such as IBM ESB, IBM ACE etc. related to the design and functionality of ESB and monitor middleware systems as well as ensure high availability and 100% uptime.
- Check and treat all logs/email escalations within the SLA i.e. issue resolution, enquiries, complaints and re-routing to responsible units where applicable.
- Routine housekeeping – Backup of logs periodically (daily weekly etc.), clean up space on the servers etc.
- Update platform checklist that contains all specific to be carried out on each platform on said dates.
- Ensure the platforms are up and functional at all times.
- Ensure all user platforms are optimised and functioning optimally.
- Escalate all issues to the team lead in a timely and explicit manner.
- Track Project Management deliverables to ensure all milestones are delivered and project remains on track.
- Ensure timely development and deployment of innovative solutions for the unit.
- Ensure that vendor-related projects are monitored strictly to meet set deadlines.
- Engage stakeholders to understand requirements when developing solutions for the various unit.
- Monitor fraud prevention solutions across all applications deployed on the middleware applications.
- Weekly review and reporting of projects, issues and collection mandates.
- Provide AD HOC reports, Group Digital Banking Monthly Performance Report and Group Digital Banking Monthly Channel Adoption Report when required.
- Review daily transaction status reports identifying reasons for failures and ways to avoid them.
- Provide technical support for middleware applications such as IBM ESB, IBM ACE etc.
- Monitor middleware systems to ensure high availability and 100% uptime.
- Ensure fluid engagements with all 3rd party support providers (Vendors) to increase content on the platforms and ensure they are stable.
- Deploy, administer, support and maintain middleware applications to enable communication between financial applications on diverse platforms with varying interfaces.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related STEM courses.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have hands-on working experience in an application production support/application development environment, and provide technical support for middleware applications such as IBM ESB, IBM ACE etc. (installation, configuration, testing, supporting issue resolution activities related to the design and functionality of ESB) with strong UNIX and Linux skills.
- A team player and comfortable with daily application support activities and strong troubleshooting skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Hands-on experience working in an application production support/application development environment.
- Project coordination skills, including organizing, prioritizing and tracking all phases of a project.
- Trend monitoring for transactions performed on major applications hosted on the middleware platform.
- Strong UNIX/Linux operating system administration.
- Collaborative skills: Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Organizational skills: Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize work, and adapt during pressured situations.
- Problem-solving skills: must be naturally curious and creative individuals with a drive to proffer solutions to problems, as well as with a passion for innovation
- Firm Grasp of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Customer experience and issue resolution
- Excellent leadership skills
- Interpersonal relationship management
- Proactive and able to work smart on own initiative
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online