United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Investigation & Fraud Management
Job Type: Permanent
- To carry out E-Channel fraud investigation across the Group and come up with recommendation to ensure that fraud E-Channel frauds are reduced to the barest minimum.
- Investigation of Fraud and Forgeries to identify incident root causes, internal control gaps and failure points; and to proffer solutions / recommendations to prevent reoccurrence and exposure to corporate liability, sanctions and litigations.
- Carry out computer and E-channels forensic examination functions to generate admissible evidence for court proceedings.
- Carry out computer forensic seizure, analyses and technical support on requests coming from other divisional investigators, African country operations and affiliates.
- Conduct prompt investigation of frauds and forgeries and customers’ complaints, process & services failures and other cases reported on Cards & other E-channel platforms; and ensure that the cases are dispensed within set deadlines.
- Conduct prompt investigation of breach of policy, procedures, regulatory policies and code of conduct for appropriate disciplinary action.
- Identify process inefficiencies, control weakness, and proffer relevant mitigating recommendations for management review, consideration and subsequent implementation.
- Respond promptly to and cultivate effective liaison with other banks in relation to issues of frauds, customers’ complaints and other investigation matters for the purpose of containment of fraud losses and salvaging fraudulent funds.
- Issue Sensitization memos on the Learning Points arising from the various investigation cases.
- Root-cause analysis to identify critical control gaps/process inefficiencies and provide effective recommendations and solutions to the identified risks.
- Attend UATs, and proof of concept sessions to ensure information security risks are considered/mitigated in applications and systems before acquisition and deployment.
- Payment card acquiring reviews & risk management, continuous monitoring of fraud triggers using various tools for acquired merchants’ suspicious or collusive activities for immediate remediation and countermeasures.
- Liaise and follow up with e-channels host/switch companies, payment card schemes and mobile payment providers (Interswitch, UPSL, NIBSS, eTranzact, MasterCard, Visa, etc.) for management and resolution of electronic payment card, mobile banking risks.
- Review tracking and blocking of fraud proceeds transfers, placing of restrictions, obtaining / issuance of court orders and indemnity documents for recovery / repatriation of salvaged funds.
- Render periodic reports of frauds and forgeries to regulatory authorities and management.
- First Degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Banking & Finance, and any related numerate fields
- Masters’ Degree or a professional qualification will be an advantage
- 3 – 5 years related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of auditing in a financial service industry. Must have good investigative skills, analytical skills, pay attention to details, have good communication skills (Written & Oral).
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Sound experience in the following key areas: Audit/Investigation, IT Audit/ Control, IT security and Risk Management & E-fraud and forensic Investigation.
- Sound knowledge of the banking operations and internal control.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills
- Information security and IT audit skills
- Good Understanding of the Nigerian Banking Industry.
- Knowledge of CBN’s policies and the business environment.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online