United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, FCY Treasury Control
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Permanent
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of banking operations and control functions.
- Must be analytical with good oral and written communication, and have a good audit and accounting skills.
Job Objective (s)
- To build a strong audit and compliance environment to ensure zero level fraud, value for money, and zero infractions to policies; provide compliance counselling, advisory and decision support services to business units and strategic resource functions.
- Daily review of GL with special focus on FX TROPS accounts.
- Daily monitoring of Open Position Limit (OPL).
- Daily review of Trading (Local and 3rd currency Trading) and counterparty limit adherence.
- Daily confirmation of FX trading deals with the counterparties through MT 300 in SWIFT.
- Daily review of FX trading deals vis-à-vis blotter, Finacle Treasury and NOSTRO account statement to ensure that all mature deals are settled through our NOSTRO accounts.
- Daily review of FCY Money Market Blotter and ensure same agreed with the bank GL.
- Daily call over of TROPS FCY transactions.
- Daily review of FX Funds Transfer (remittance) outflow and inflow.
- Review of Critical Exception Report with special preference TROPS Transactions.
- Daily reconciliation of position accounts via GL/Blotter for various currencies (USD, GBP, EUR, JPY, ZAR etc.)
- Resolution of open items in GL/Blotter position reconciliation.
- Periodic spot check on correspondent banking unit activities which include but are not limited to risk participation.
- Monthly review of proof of accounts and provisioning.
- Logging of exceptions on ICEM.
- Closure of Exception in ICEM.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- A minimum of 2 – 5 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Comprehensive Banking Operations
- Comprehensive Treasury Knowledge
- Comprehensive Capital Market Knowledge
- Fraud and Operational Risk knowledge
- Banking, Insurance and financial services knowledge
- Extensive Working Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Intranet Mailing facility and the core banking application (Finacle) of the bank.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical and Investigation Skills.
- Auditing and Accounting Skills.
- General Multi Corporate Finance and Financial Strategy Skills.
- Policy and Regulation interpretation/ implementation.
- Conceptual Skills.
- Corporate Performance Management Skills
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online