United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Correspondent Banking
Location: Head Office, Nigeria
Employment Type: Permanent
- Support the unit head in the development of strategic alliances/ partnerships with a select number of foreign banks that will drive correspondent cost efficiencies and generate inward/reverse correspondent opportunities across Africa.
- Manage Trade finance relationship with correspondent banks.
- Originate short-term credit lines for Trade Finance.
- Positively project UBA within the International Markets.
- Position UBA to be the preferred partner to FIs in Africa.
- Achieve cost efficiencies in UBA Group’s International Trade Financing by ensuring that our fees are kept to the minimum.
- Engage offshore correspondent banks on Trade and Payments related issues.
- Carry out prompt annual KYC/EDD review of all Correspondent Banks and facilitate same for UBA Group entities.
- Obtain AML/KYC documents online for new relationships and send the documents to Compliance Dept. for due diligence review.
- Achieve cost efficiencies in UBA Group’s International Nostro payment business by ensuring that charges are kept to the minimum.
- Preparation of monthly performance report that captures actual income realized on transactions and maturities settled during the month.
- Support the Unit Head in managing UBA Group’s account relationships i.e. account negotiation, opening and management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science and Management Science
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in relationship banking, marketing and correspondent banking.
- Our ideal candidate must have good knowledge of banking products/services. Must have good communication skills (Written & Oral), banking operations knowledge, and industry/Regulatory knowledge.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Bank Product/Service Knowledge
- Industry / Regulatory Knowledge
- Banking operations knowledge
- Result-oriented, self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship management/communication skills
- Good communication skills (Oral & Written).
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online