First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead Software Developer
Job Identification: 542
Employment Type: Full time
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain w business applications
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current technologies.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on-budget. Provide third-level support to business users
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back end
- Provides level 3 support for production applications
- Maintain confidentiality of all Information entrusted while delivering projects.
- Comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook.
- Performs other functions as may be required for the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent in Computing or related disciplines
- Masters, MBA or a recognized professional certification will be an added advantage.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Developer
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- Attention to detail and can-do attitude
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- Structured and methodical approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated, a team player, and exhibit a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrate analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online