United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Middleware Management
Employment Type: Permanent
- To provide technical support for IBM-ACE, installation, configuration, testing and supporting Issue resolution activities related to the design and functionality of IBM-ACE.)
- Monitor the IBM-ACE environment to ensure high availability and 100% uptime.
- Vendor Management – Ensure fluid engagements with all 3rd party support providers (Vendors) to increase content on the platform and ensure they are stable.
- Team Management- should have experience in quality team-building skills, positive attitude, be detail-oriented, self-motivated and be a good team player.
- Check logs/email escalations and ensure all issues raised are closed within the SLA, i.e.â€¯ issue resolution, enquiries, complaints and re-routing to responsible units where applicable
- Routine housekeeping – Backup of logs periodically (daily, weekly etc.), Clean up space on the servers etc.
- Update Platform Checklist that contains all specific activities on the platform on said dates.
- Ensure deployments are correctly done and completed promptly.
- Ensure the 100% platform availability at all times
- Proactive monitoring of all services, execution groups and Brokers on the IBM-ACE Servers.
- Ensure all Services on the platform are optimised and functioning as designed.
- Track Project Management deliverables to ensure all milestones are delivered and the project remains on track.
- Manage all deployments/changes through the Bank’s approved Change Process.
- Ensure that vendor-related projects are monitored strictly to meet set deadlines
- Engage stakeholders to understand requirements when developing solutions for the various units.
- Monitor fraud prevention solutions across all applications deployed on the middleware applications.
- Weekly achievements report
- Weekly Review and reporting of projects and issues.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Performance Report
- Review daily transaction Performance reports identifying reasons for failures and ways to avoid them
- Provide AD HOC reports when required
- Ensure all Team related issues (Health, resources etc.) are ok and escalate immediately where required
- Ensure strict compliance by the team to all laid out rules and guidelines
- Oversee general activities of the team – weekday/weekend schedules, Leave management, etc.)
- Obtain all necessary approvals required for the team’s optimal performance (Personal and Official)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Systems Engineering
- A second degree in any of these disciplines, an MBA and/or technical certifications will enhance performance, though not essential.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the banking sector or any related technology field.
- Our ideal candidate must have extensive and strong knowledge of applications built on Linux, Unix, AIX and IBM-App Connect Enterprise (ACE) environment.
- A talented and forward-thinking individual who is solution-driven should have extensive experience troubleshooting, monitoring, administration of the IBM-ACE etc., and ensures 100% uptime.
- The prospective candidate must be able to support and manage projects on the IBM-ACE and related applications.
- S/he must be a solution-driven individual should be comfortable with day-to-day IBM-ACE Management activities and thrive with tight deadlines and changing needs. Experience in banking will be an added advantage.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong UNIX/Linux operating system administration.
- Collaborative skills: Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Organizational skills: Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritise work and adapt during pressured situations.
- Problem-solving skills: must be naturally curious and creative individuals with a drive to proffer solutions to problems, as well as with a passion for innovation
- Firm Grasp of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Customer experience and issue resolution
- Excellent leadership skills
- Interpersonal relationship management
- Proactive and able to work smart on own initiative
- Hands-on experience working in an applications production support/application development environment.
- Project coordination skills, including organising, prioritising and tracking all project phases.
- Trend monitoring for transactions performed on major applications hosted on the IBM-ACE platform.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
24th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online