First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Group Reporting and Corporate Finance
Job Identification: 501
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Duties & Responsibilities
- To design and implement processes that ensures timely and accurate Corporate Finance information is provided to management for decision making.
- To write and prepare transaction related documentation and marketing materials including information memoranda, pitch books, corporate profiles, and market data and analyses across First Bank’s Subsidiaries in Africa.
- To serve as a critical team member in the execution of advisory and financing transactions.
- Coordinate timely rendition of monthly financial reporting returns, for some of the commercial banking subsidiaries in the prescribed format for group consolidated management reporting.
- Prepare monthly subsidiary performance review report for Management, highlighting performance variance against budget, the key drivers of the reported financial performance in the month under review and remediation plans of subsidiaries as necessary.
- Assist other Team Leads in the coordination of the preparation of the consolidated Group Management Committee (GMC) report for all commercial banking subsidiaries.
- Support in coordination of the subsidiary budgetary process, to ensure standardization across the banking group
- To support HOD in the credit agencies relationship & workstreams, including rating agency presentation preparations and effective collaboration with Investors relation unit to drive positive yearly credit rating outcomes for First Bank of Nigeria Limited.
- Lead origination, marketing and execution of corporate finance engagements including Valuation, M&A, Valuation for financial reporting purpose, Financial model review and model build and Market entry study.
- Providing of key advice on deal considerations including structuring, pricing and negotiation advice to international and local clients.
- Lead the development and execution of the business plan to expand the valuation and modeling practice.
- Lead the drafting and appraisal of information memorandum, business plans, financial models and valuation approaches.
- Lead the coordination of due diligence client M&A activities and the review of transaction documentation.
- Provide client presentations regarding the project under responsibility to the team and clients
- Industry/company research for both deal origination and transaction analysis
- Financial modelling, including analyzing business forecasts, evaluating scenario analysis and covenant calculations
- Business development activities including identification and targeting of potential opportunities
- To have a broad perspective of debt market trends
- Commercial due diligence and economic feasibility analysis
- Performing valuations, returns analysis
- Liaise with the various teams (structured finance team, legal, transaction advisers etc) on financing decisions
- Prepare memorandum for Board and Management for approving selected Advisor.
- Lead efforts, working with internal stakeholders to make determinations in respect of countries to invest in, countries to exit, form of our capital investments (M&A, JV, etc)
- Lead the process for obtaining relevant Regulatory and internal approvals to ensure closure of corporate finance transaction.
- Track regulatory and macroeconomic actions across markets and proffer recommendations as required to support growth in presence countries and target markets
- Take responsibilities in providing coaching and training to junior team members
- Key internal stakeholder in the engagement of credit rating agencies
- Support the HOD in leading the Bank’s effort at achieving target credit ratings
- Assist HOD in capital raise and structuring efforts as required to finance the capital needs of the Group in the most efficient manner
- Lead analytical efforts, that support capital investment decisions
- Prepare monthly subsidiary performance review report for Board and Management review.
- Prepare and render Monthly Offshore subsidiary reports to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
- Support in the consolidated Group Management Committee (GMC) report for all commercial banking subsidiaries
- Minimum Education: A good First Degree in any discipline from a reputable institution.
- Higher Degrees/Professional Certifications – CFA, ACCA or ICAN.
- Minimum experience: 7 years relevant experience.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2022, 04:22 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online