Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Data Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
Department: Purepay – Transaction Switching & Payment Processing
- Design, implement and maintain scalable and highly available data pipelines on large volume data sets, that will enable impactful insights & strategy for our product and services.
- Data Engineering.
- Work closely with data analyst, product team, business lines, engineering, data science, and other data analytics teams to understand requirements/goals and provide viable and innovative data solutions
- Translate business requirements by business team into data engineering specifications.
- Ensure all company data is available and accessible in a central location.
- Build scalable data marts from the available raw data that can be used to derive business metrics/insights as specified by stakeholders • Work hand in hand with the DevOps team and develop monitoring and alerting scripts on various data pipelines and jobs.
- Process, clean and validate the integrity of data to be used for analytics purposes.
- Work with engineering and product team to ensure that products are designed to properly capture required data fields.
- Expand and optimize data and data pipeline architecture.
- Collaborate with data analyst teams to incorporate 3rd party data assets to augment internal data.
- Effectively plan tasks across multiple projects simultaneously with different requirements, needs, and priorities.
- Provide Support and trainings for data usage.
- Mentor team member and provide leadership.
Education and Experience
- Good First Degree in Computer Science / Statistics / related field.
Experience (Number of relevant years):
- Minimum of 5 years in a data engineering role with at least one of those years managing a team.
Key Skills Required Technical:
- Big Data Concepts.
- Big Data Technology.
- Data Modeling
- ETL & ELT tools (SSIS, Spark, Sqoop, Apache Airflow).
- Programing Language (SQL, Python/Scala).
- Database Management (MS SQL, Mongo, Casandra, MaprDBMaprFS)
- Machine Learning (Data Preprocessing).
- Realtime Data processing (Kafka).
- Cloud Services (AWS / Azure).
- Problem Analysis
Requirement Analysis Soft Skills:
- People management
- Innovation & creativity
- Customer Relationship Management
- Work under pressure
- Communication (Verbal & Written)
- Attention to details
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online