Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Business Process Automation
Employment Type: Permanent
- To manage a team of robotic automation engineers responsible for designing, testing, running and continuously improving automation technologies in Interswitch to increase outputs and save costs.
Functional Strategy Planning and Execution:
- Lead the detailed design and delivery of process automation programs and projects that support value creation and major transformation in Interswitch’s processes and systems
- Lead the deployment of RPA components including bots, robots, development tools, code repositories and logging tools
- Research and adopt digital technologies to create new or modify existing business processes, culture, and customer experiences to meet changing business and market requirements.
Leadership and Direction:
- Communicate the actions needed to implement the business process automation strategy within the team; explain the relationship to the broader organization’s mission, vision, and values; motivate people to commit to these and do extraordinary things to achieve local business goals
- Make good and timely decisions that keeps automation projects moving forward
- For example, know when to act independently and when to escalate issues.
Business Process Automation:
- Provide direction and supervision to a team of automation engineers
- Responsible for performing automation opportunity assessments, automation ideation, oversight of automation builds and coordinating implementations
- Manage the relationship with key process stakeholders within Interswitch.
- Proactive management of automation project profitability and delivery according to the correct scope, quality standards and timelines.
- Continually monitors technology trends and proposes how these new approaches can be used to achieve business automation needs
- Lead the research, prototyping and implementation of new concepts within the automation function.
- Develop stakeholder engagement strategies by identifying stakeholders, finding out their needs/issues/concerns and addressing these to support the achieve the overall automation goals for the period.
- Adopt and integrate the SAFe Lean-Agile principles in platform automation programs, and support Interswitch’s drive to build an agile business.
- This is a list of possible tasks that could form part of the job: Interviewing process performers to identify automation opportunities
- Developing business process automation standards and generating leadership-level reports
- Performing audits at the end of each automation project lifecycle
- Creating effective automation project communication for all audiences
- Assisting with internal business automation marketing efforts
- Managing all internal automation projects and initiatives
- Collaborating with and leading a diverse group of technical and non-technical employees to achieve success.
- Ensure the creation of process and end-user documentation
- Assure the quality of the automation implemented (QA processes)
- Perform continuous monitoring and improvement of automated processes for optimization and resolution of potential issues for smooth business operations Liaise with stakeholders to capture business requirements and translate them into technical approaches and designs that can be implemented.
- Collaborate with development team members to ensure proper implementation and integration of the solutions.
- A Degree in Information Technology or related fields (Computer Science, Information Science, Software Engineering), a Degree in Engineering with additional IT qualifications or equivalent work experience
- A relevant project management qualification (PMP, PRINCE2, Agile) or equivalent project management experience EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years of technical experience as a business process automation engineer ideally in payment or software-as-a-service technology environments
- A minimum of 3 years as software engineer, especially on a large and complex software project.
- Experience of supervising and directing people and other resources to achieve specific end results within limited timeframes (2 to 4 years)
- Mastery of Automation tools such as UiPath, Blue Prism or Automation Anywhere.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as C, C++, Java, Python or NET
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Experience with Databases, such as SQL and NoSQL.
- Managerial Experience.
- Manages Complexity
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- For example, offers penetrating questions to help others get to the heart of complex situations and find strong solutions
- Uses a range of inputs to fully understand and solve problems
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- For example, enhances and improves collaboration among coworkers and with external partners
- Solicits ideas from diverse colleagues, leaves space in conversation for them; gives credit well and generously
- Communication Effectively
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Written communication skills like automation standards, performance reports and other types of business writing
- Ensures Accountability.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- For example, emphasizes accountability, measures organizational performance against goals, addresses poor team performance, does not accept blaming others or excuses
- Software Architecture Design
- Ability to design a high-level architectural solution by gathering early non-functional requirements and evaluating functional requirements captured by a business analyst
- Selects the appropriate automation technology and deployment method based on the requirements
- Must have a working knowledge of the various automation technologies available in the market and makes the relevant selection in line with the business and organization strategies
- Business Process Improvement
- Have an intermediate understanding of BPI principles (eg ISO9001, Six Sigma) and how to implement them in business processes
- Ability to analyze as-is processes, identify gaps and recommend improvements for the to-be state
- Risk Management
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of risk management policies and procedures; escalate issues when appropriate
- Understand Interswitch’s corporate governance structures and processes and adapt process management to ensure compliance with risk management provisions and requirements
- Design Thinking Prioritize user needs over all else
- Rather than making assumptions, spend a lot of time observing customers, brainstorming, prototyping, and testing ideas.
- Leveraging empathy and experimentation to arrive at decisions by better understanding customers’ underlying problems and needs.
Application Closing Date
14th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online