United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Agency Banking Support
Employment Type: Permanent
- To manage and provide technical support to the agency banking arm of the bank for improved performance.
- Develop and implement the agency banking technical procedures, processes and systems, and implement them to achieve required efficiency, quality and compliance with bank standards and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor agent operations against bank standards, agent contracts and regulatory standards and take action to ensure conformance.
- Develop and implement annual plans for the agent supervision and support including measurable objectives and outcomes in consultation with stakeholders.
- Monitor and take action to improve agency banking operational efficiency and effectiveness, including engaging agents, service providers and support functions to resolve issues, reviewing procedures and automating processes to improve efficiency, effectiveness and reduce cost.
- Regularly review agency banking operations against bank standards, agent contracts, service level agreements and regulatory requirements and engage agents, staff and service providers to address lapses.
- Obtaining necessary regulatory and management approvals for agent banking operations.
- Preparing operational reports for management and Central Bank as required.
- Monitor and report on agent supervision and support activities against set expectations.
- Carry our risk self-assessment, develop and execute a risk
management plan to ensure effective risk management in Agent Banking.
- Identify potential fraud, and money laundering, investigate and take action as required.
- Take timely action to correct lapses in agent supervision and
- Prepare and submit management and regulatory reports on all aspects of Agent supervision and support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have the technical knowledge of providing support to agency banking procedures, processes and systems as well as an implementation strategy to achieve required efficiency while complying with the Banks’ standards and regulatory requirements.
- S/he should have established leadership abilities, be a problem solver and enjoys collaboration.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Banking operations, policies and procedures
- Vendor relationship management
- Technical competencies
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical skill
- Numerical ability.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online