Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Engineer – Compute and Storage
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- The Systems Engineer – Compute & Storage, will primarily be responsible for the engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of physical/virtual servers, storage, backups, and disaster recovery planning.
- The Systems Engineer – Compute & Storage, will also be responsible for developing roadmaps, designs and automation of the infrastructure leveraging on several APIs, automation tools while also creating self service for routine operations to customers and stakeholders.
- Strategy & Planning Research, evaluate, and recommend hardware and software for servers, storage (SAN, NAS, SAS, SATA, SSD, etc), and backup solutions for varying applications and databases
- Implement and participate in infrastructure disaster recovery plans & business continuity activities
- Continuous development of scripts to automate repetitive administration tasks, Validate system upgrades and patches when required
- Develop strategy for planning compute & storage capacity with roadmaps to ensure just-in-time (JIT) purchasing
- Deliver quality documentation allowing smooth day-to-day operations
- Translate business requirements into scalable infrastructure designs, cost models and forecasts
- Compliance with standards for quality, performance, or productivity
- Operational Management Participate in on-call support rotation and implement solutions with proficient skills (upgrades, new releases, incidents, patching, deployment etc), as required by the business
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve connection, reliability, or performance issues
- Configure, manage, operate, and upgrade on-premises and cloud infrastructure
- Perform daily system checks, verifying the integrity and availability of all involved infrastructure resources and key processes
- Monitor and manage infrastructure with vCenter, vROPs, Cloudbolt, etc Ensure that service desk requests are delivered timely customers
- This includes the execution of SOPs, Incidents/Problems tickets and Change requests alongside other business as usual
- Ensure that performance, scalability, and security is maintained and optimized
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery wherever possible
- Participate in disaster recovery plan and practicing recovery operations
- Partner with key vendors to maintain an understanding of new technology and leading practices.
Formal Education & Certification:
- University Degree in the field of Computer Science or “STEM” major (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or related field
- Certification in VMware, NetApp, Cloud, or similar technologies is a plus
- Knowledge & Experience Experience with cloud and container technology
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in supporting Server environments (Windows, Linux), VMware environments, and in managing (designing, configuring, upgrading, etc) storage solutions and backup solutions
- 1-3 years of experience in managing public cloud-based solution and resources in multiple availability zones Experience with Dell, Lenovo, Cisco UCS, HP, Nutanix and NetApp technologies
- Experience with NetApp storage technologies or alternatives like EMC, EqualLogic, or Nimble
- Experience with backup tools like Commvault or Veeam
- Experience monitoring production systems, root cause analysis, and troubleshooting
- Scripting languages (Powershell, Python, Ansible, Terraform)
- Personal Attributes Teamwork Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong tactical skills, analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical requirement
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online