Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, builds global and local partnerships to enhance the quality of healthcare services for women and families around the world. Jhpiego is a global leader in the creation of innovative and effective approaches to developing human resources for health. At JHPIEGO, we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellent; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility and dedication.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sustainability & Systems Director
Job ID: 2022-4613
Category: International Positions
- The Sustainability and Systems Director, is to collaborate with the federal and state level government and partners and provide overall technical direction of health systems strengthening and sustainability strategies as well as interventions at the State, LGA, and community levels to result in sustainable government-led greater access, quality and use of priority HIV/AIDS and TB services and lead to improved health outcomes.
- In collaboration with project staff and key federal, state and local government, private organizations and community stakeholders, take lead in the development of RISE project strategy and implementation plan for health systems strengthening.
- Build functional collaboration with the line Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) to ensure on-going health reforms are translated into state and local governments systems and plans.
- Lead project effort to support government-lead health and HIV/AIDS financing mechanisms.
- Working with the Abuja project staff and State Teams, build the capacity of state and local government HIV/AIDS management structures in leadership and management for a coordinated HIV/AIDS response
- With support from Project State Teams, assist the state and local governments through participatory methodologies to develop a shared vision and renew their commitment for control of HIV/AIDS.
- Provide oversight over an integrated HIV/AIDS and TB M&E system that generates information for evidence-based decision-making, planning and policy formulation.
- Work with the project Supply Chain management team and the FMOH to assist federal, state and local governments forecast, budget and manage HIV/AIDS commodity supply system for eventual government ownership.
- Champion the building and management of partnerships with government and the private sector.
- Post-graduate Degree in Public Health, Health Planning, Health Economics or a Health related field with extensive field experience managing programs in the developing world.
- At least 9 years’ experience working at a senior level on health systems strengthening including health planning, health financing, human resources for health, and decentralization of health services in a public or private organization. Nigerian Ministry of Health or West African country experience is preferred.
- Significant involvement in health sector reform activities is desirable
- Substantial experience and demonstrated success in designing, implementing and managing complex health project in developing countries.
- Experience working with PEPFAR and USAID-funded HIV/AIDS projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent facilitation skills’ supporting decentralized entities to translate policies into strategic plans for implementation is a must.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.