Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surveillance / Nutrition Survey Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Reporting to: MEAL HOD
Proposed start date: October 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Surveillance/Nutrition Survey Manager who will be responsible for leading survey (SMART, MIYCN KAP and SQUEAC) implementation in different LGAs of intervention in the programs implemented by AAH in Northern Nigeria.
- Under the direction of the MEAL and Nutrition HoDs and in collaboration with the Project Managers, the SNS Manager will develop and implement clear and practical survey plans for the program by ensuring that objectives, indicators, questionnaire, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized.
- He/she will also ensure the quality of the survey and provide timely report to his/her manager.
- Identification and design of survey activities according to needs/pre-decided work plans and capacities that include SMART survey methodology and other nutrition surveys if needed.
- Supervise the collection and documentation of background and general information and contextual information relevant to the survey.
- Ensure the scientific quality of the survey and according to the need of the surveys, organize field officers access to books, reports, key informants interviews, local authorities, etc.
- To write quality technical reports for external release – i.e. nutrition surveys, and coverage survey, AAH training sessions and/or workshops.
- To disseminate findings among stakeholders, including SMoH, Nutrition Sector coordination team, Key partners, AAH teams, etc.
- Follow up of the budget allocated to survey activities in liaison with Administration/Finance arrangement and follow up of the logistics requirements of the surveys’ team with the logistics department and relevant Field Coordinators, Program managers.
- To provide simplified trainings on the SMART survey methodology and findings for general understanding to the program teams, M&E teams, and sectors partners.
- Liaising with relevant ministries and stakeholders to identify survey training needs and develop appropriate funding proposals in coordination with the line managers.
- Ensuring that all internal/external coordination to be done in a culturally appropriate, honorable and respectful manner.
- To arrange the work plans/field work in accordance to the safety and security procedures of AAH Nigeria.
- Collaborate with the state surveillance unit to proactively identify and escalate surveillance/emergency case (disease outbreak, flood, fire outbreak or other disaster) in the coverage area.
- Serve as linkage between the organization and the states surveillance unit to facilitate information sharing and timely reports.
- Support the MEAL Team in conducting context analysis and preparation of Nutrition trends analysis.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Nutrition by Research or related field.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in managing nutrition assessments, research and surveys as well as humanitarian work;
- Certification in SMART and SQUEAC Surveys implementation.
- Excellent knowledge of SMART, KAP & SQUEAC Survey methodology.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well versed with ENA for SMART, Epi info and SPSS applications.
- Good management and representation competencies.
- Excellent in influencing and negotiation skills.
- An certified and nationally/internationally recognized SMART Survey Trainer;
- Strong understanding of nutrition information and surveillance system, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in nutrition program management in emergency set-up including proposal writing, project budget management, reporting and training provision;
- Knowledge of LQAS, SLEAC, CSAS methodologies will be of added value;
- Flexibility personality and good negotiation skills;
- Willing for frequent travel to mentor and monitor activities;
- Easily acculturate with remote areas living conditions;
- Ability to absorb and manage workloads and stresses without affecting the quality of the deliverables.
Starting Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN812,290 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
19th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply