Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supply Chain Systems Specialist
Location: Globally flexible, Flexible
Functional Area: Global Supply Chain and Procurement
Reports to: Head of Supply Chain Systems and Standards
- As part of the Global Supply Chain & Procurement team in Plan, support and guide the use of MS Dynamics 365 and Power BI for Supply Chain.
- This role will provide functional systems support in line with the standard Plan International Inc policies, processes and procedures as well as help build the capacity of Supply Chain users in MS Dynamics 365 and Power BI to ultimately increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and performance of the supply chain function as a critical enabler to our projects, to achieve greater impact in the countries where we are work.
Dimensions of the Role
Area of Responsibility:
- As a key member of our Global Supply Chain & Procurement team, this role would support the testing, piloting and deployment of MS Dynamics 365 and Power BI solutions to all of Plan International INC offices globally.
- You would be the first line of functional support for Supply Chain related queries and issues in MS Dynamics 365 and Power BI working closely with the Head of Supply Chain Systems and Standards.
- The role will have to be able to provide workable solutions for end-users.
- The role will support the integration of business processes for procurement, inventory and assets with specific focus on MS Dynamics 365.
- You will support the Lead in the development of training and supporting materials for end-users.
- You will need excellent communication, interpersonal and training skills, an eye for detail and a methodical approach to your workload.
- You will need to be able to learn Plan’s current system configuration (MS Dynamics 365 specific and any integrations with other systems) and processes fast with the ability to train and teach others at various levels within the organisation.
Line Management of Staff:
- Possibly one direct report.
- You will provide technical support to a workforce of >3000 end-users worldwide.
- Internally, this role will engage across functional and geographical boundaries throughout the organisation, engaging a range of stakeholders and users primarily those who use the MS Dynamics 365 and Power BI for Supply Chain operations.
- Assist in the testing, piloting and deployment (pre, during and post deployment activities) of MS Dynamics 365 and Power BI solutions for the Supply Chain function.
- Support the training team with system scenarios and queries.
- Assist with the day-to-day activities, in close collaboration with the Head of Supply Chain Systems and Standards and the end users, acting as liaison between various streams and support services.
- Responsible for the provision of effective and sustainable functional specialist support; including root cause analysis, evaluation and documentation of resolution steps following the organisation helpdesk processes.
- Expected to provide support with incidents and service requests, ensuring excellent support and advice is provided to the end users.
- Working in close collaboration with the Head of Supply Chain Systems and Standards to evaluate and recommend solutions that can be applied globally and align D365 functionality with Plan’s Supply Chain business processes.
- Support the Head of Supply Chain Systems and Standards with the implementation of ideas to increase team performance, mitigate risks and improve system processes, assisting in influencing business areas to get the best out of the D365 implementation, driving standardization within the Supply Chain work stream.
- Woking with the Head of Supply Chain Systems and Standards and the wider business streams for requirement gathering and ensuring functional specifications and designs are understood and technically executed correctly, including any testing requirements if need be.
- Providing system and functional support during deployment of any new processes and configurations.
- Responsible for ensuring documentations are kept up to date, including training documentation, to be aligned with the organisation policies and procedures manuals
- Support for MS Dynamics 365 functional queries and issue handling.
- Working closely with Head of Supply Chain Systems and Standards to be able to provide workable solutions for users.
- Understanding of MS Dynamics 365 security (Roles and Authorizations)
- Maintain and update mapping for approval hierarchy matrices for managers worldwide to their area of responsibility.
- Monitor the adherence to key business processes and, collaboratively work with the Head of Supply Chain Systems and Standards to introduce appropriate activities with business users to drive adoption.
- Develop change related communications and announcements to relevant business users at all levels.
- Collaborate with MS Dynamics 365 support team and business users to implement new processes, enhancement and upgrades.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UATs)
- Develop a relationship with MS Dynamics 365 Global Helpdesk, IT and MS Dynamics 365 focal points and other MS Dynamics 365 Super Users throughout the organisation.
- Generate reports and analyse data for MS Dynamics 365 and BI data cleansing processes.
- Support with MS Dynamics 365 data cleansing processes by developing communication and engagement plans, providing Offices with guidance and support documents to managing the clearing.
- Prepare clean data on approved templates for migration for the new ERP system
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- Other duties as required.
- Engagement with staff at different levels and functions in Global Hub, Regional Hubs and Country Offices to support and guide on MS Dynamics 365.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- MS Dynamics 365 Certification
- Strong experience in ERP systems, preferably MS Dynamics AX or MS Dynamics 365 for Supply Chain,
- Knowledge of other modules such as project management and accounting as well as fixed assets and financials would also be useful
- Demonstrated ability to successfully participate in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Solid understanding of data integrity and audit / compliance procedures
- Experienced in issue handling, management and resolution.
- Detailed knowledge of procurement/S2P processes, Inventory and Asset Management
- Strong understanding of MS Dynamics 365 master data structure
- Prior experience of working in an operational Supply Chain environment would be an advantage.
- Prior experience of working in an international (including developing countries) would be an advantage.
- Ability to absorb new processes and systems quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, active listening and comfortable communicating effectively to achieve results.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, results oriented and comfortable working collaboratively with others.
- High attention to detail and proficient at using MS Office and other applications.
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities, gender and diversity.
- Open and accountable, working with integrity and professionalism to achieve individual and team results.
- One additional Plan language to a working level would be an advantage (e.g. French/Spanish).
- Knowledge of relevant project management methodologies relevant to the MS Dynamics 365 domain would be an advantage.
- Experience in training delivery by different methods would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of other MS Dynamics 365 modules would be an advantage (e.g. Finance)
Plan International’s Values In Practice
- We are open and accountable
- We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
- We strive for lasting impact
- We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
- We work well together
- We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
- We are inclusive and empowering
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
- Typical office environment with possibly some international travel. Dynamic working practices are available.
Level Of Contact With Children:
- Low contact: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Application Closing Date
9th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online