Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer – Procurement
Location: Maiduguri, Borno with at least 30% travels in deep field locations
Supervised by: Supply Chain Team Leader- Procurement
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader – Borno
Employment Period: 6 months (possibility for renewable)
Type of Contract: (Expat / National / Trainee): National
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally.
- Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees, and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in northeast Nigeria.
- The Supply Chain officer – Procurement is responsible to provide support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of supply chain/procurement activities in accordance with the DRC Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies, in collaboration with the Programs Requestors and SC-Procurement TL.
- Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, RFQ are tracked from point of request through to final receipt.
- Regularly review, update, and share the information management databases and trackers to the SC -Procurement TL.
- Preparation of contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, services and works and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities.
- Participate and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are complying to DRC and donor procurement policies, filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable for audit purposed.
- Ensure up to date archiving ssystem of both physical and electronic of procurement documents (contract, vendors profile, lease agreement etc.)
- Updating PR/PO trackers daily to ensure all PRs are properly track on the tracker.
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids
- Periodically Support and participate in open tender meetings & evaluations.
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance on a timely manner
- Follow up internally between Supply Chain and Finance on status of vendors payments.
- Implementing due diligence for suppliers, this includes conducting reference checks, supplier visits etc.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Nigeria programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Identifying and reporting procurement red flags to SC-TL, Manager and Compliance Unit.
- Any other task assigns by the Supply Chain -TL and Manager.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Business Administration, and with relevant professional certification.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive, and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 3 years’ experience in procurement mainly in humanitarian organization
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Experience in ERP System.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Able to communicate in spoken English. Fluency in Hausa and any local spoken languages.
Required Skills & Qualities:
Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and Organizational skills is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- Team-oriented & good sense of humor.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2022 at midnight (GMT-time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals staff only.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- DRC provides equal opportunity in employment and prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- FEMALE Candidates are highly encouraged to Apply.
- DRC encourages all applicants to apply and does not practice any discrimination in any recruitment process.
- Applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, DRC has the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.