Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant
Job ID: 220001NX
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Post Type: National
Team: Development Programme
Reports to: Field Team Lead
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of vehicle fleet, assets and warehouse, communications and procurement to ensure effective, transparent and accountable Supply Chain support to the Save the Children Programs in Katsina.
- Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate Supply Chain consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Providing technical support and guidance to program teams on Supply Chain elements of procurement and distribution planning.
Key Areas of Accountabilities
Procurement and Supply:
- Manage procurement requirements of the Field Office; implement procurement as per approved guidelines, procedures and forms (Purchase Requests, Quotes, Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, etc.); support the state team lead to execute procurement actions in line with SCI protocols and procedures, filling all relevant document (PR, quotes, CBA, PO etc.).
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with capital office if procurement must be conducted there
- Prepare a weekly summary of all outstanding purchase requisitions, showing the current status of the items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement and Supply Chain support functions, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed
- Monitor procurement and Supply Chain support costs in liaison with the Field Accountant to ensure that expenditures remain within approved budgets
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies stationeries and other consumables
- All arrangements for meetings and conferences as required ensuring these are delivered to a high Oversee quality and cost effectively
- Assist staff on creating clear and understandable procurement documentation e.g. PR
- Communicate with suppliers in order to get quotes, specifications and quality information as assigned by State Team Lead
- Provide regular updates to programme teams on progress
- Support supplier evaluation and Procurement Committees as required
- Ensure items procured match programmatic requests, and are of good quality, reliable and value for money
- Receive invoices from suppliers, checking if they are correct and complete, and forward payment requests together with all necessary supporting documentation to finance, monitoring the process to ensure payment is made on time to the supplier.
- Respond flexibly to changing program needs, reprioritising tasks in a logical, sensible way and in coordination/ consultation with the Team Lead and CO procurement team.
- Regularly update the Procurement Tracker, supplier’s database and other Procurement reports if required, in collaboration with co-workers.
- Communicate and exchange information effectively with colleagues and other team especially for supplier has changed contacts, product detail specifications, payment terms & conditions, delivery due date and payments.
- Assist the CO Procurement Coordinator Sourcing with the evaluation, modification, renewal and establishment of Framework Agreements (FWA).
- Support the Procurement Coordinators to prepare the status/management information reports.
- Work closely with other procurement/supply chain team members and give necessary support when needed
- Ensure that at all times Save the Children procurement policy and procedures are implemented and adhered to and are within compliance to donor regulations
- Responsible for ensuring Supplier Enablement activities are carried out so that as many suppliers as possible transact with SCI through the Ariba Network.
- Responsible for Vendor Management activities if this is not carried out by Procurement Coordinators (Sourcing).
- Provide ProSave support and Procurement advice for requestors.
- Other duties assigned by the Supervisor as and when required.
- Acknowledge reception of items in good order and condition
- Count and record the quantity on appropriate documentation
- Cross-check quantities and quality in accordance with delivery documents and planned reception
- Supervise loading and offloading of delivery and distribution trucks
- Ensure proper storage of commodities in shelves or pallets not to exceed maximum stack heights
- Ensure organization of the items by type, shipment, FEFO & FIFO.
- Keep clean the store and secure stocks
- Ensure pest control is in place and monitored on a daily basis
- Separate infested stocks from good stock
- Daily management of the store for cleaning or stocking
- Daily monitoring of stock levels
- Daily monitoring for expiry dates and quality problems
- Daily update of movements of commodities in/out of the store
- Enter all data into stock and bin cards
- Update warehouse operation data into the Warehouse management software (TIM)
- Preparation of weekly / monthly consumption report
- Conduct of cyclic counts and inventories in accordance to project schedule
- Planning of the needs and requisition of re-supplies
- Check and maintain Store security measures, e.g. locks, windows, and maintain SCI key management policy.
- Report to the line manager / security responsible in case of problems
Transport & Fleet:
- Ensure that SCI and Hired vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travelers on pick up an drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans
- Ensure accommodation is arranged for travelers. Ensure best value for money and that travelers are clearly informed well in advance
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Ensure leased properties are in good habitable conditions. Overseeing repairs on these houses, liaising with the caretaker and landlord where necessary.
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including carpenters, electricians, plumbers, generator servicers and builders and make this list available to staff.
- Report any defective communication equipment or service and check on running costs with Finance to ensure no misuse occurs.
- Ensure the data network (internet) is operational and cost effective. Report any defective IT or office equipment to the Field Team Lead or Abuja IT Department.
Communication and Security:
- Ensure adherence to communication protocol at field level.
- Ensure that all communication systems in Field Office are maintained and staff trained in their proper and effective use
- Report all security incidents in writing in a timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies in Field Office are maintained in a safe and secure manner
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all Supply Chain files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner; develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information.
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers any other Supply Chain support staff by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to SCI Abuja head office
- Produce Supply Chain site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Update Asset Register and send to capital office every month
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to capital office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics / Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Business Related Field.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent.
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent.
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good.
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 years
- Experience in procurement and Supply Chain with INGOs
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process.
- Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted