Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Programs Leader for Technology Software EMEA
Job ID: 22000558
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- We are looking for the person to become the Strategic Programs Leader for Technology Software EMEA.
- This professional should work very closely with the EMEA Tech Software Sales and TSE Leaders to agree and organise the Go to Market support through productive and meaningful business development initiatives, and to take the lead and advise.
- This Leader Strategic Programs Leader will report to Jason Rees, VP Software Engineering and Head of Software Sales Programs EMEA. They will manage an EMEA team of Technology Software Business Development specialists. That team works closely to Product Marketing, Product Development, OSPA, Field Marketing and the EMEA Experts & Specialists teams, to ensure the Software sales team have appropriate sales assets, sales enablement, sales campaigns, and demand generation tools to generate and progress Software Pipeline.
- The EMEA Strategic Programs Leader will act as the ambassador with the Oracle corporate stakeholders and other EMEA & Divisional teams, focusing particularly on Data Management, Hybrid and Multi cloud deployment choices.
- Manages a team that is responsible for identifying relevant new business opportunities and designing “go-to-market” plans to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Consistently meets with potential customers and current customers to build pipeline.
- Manages, through other managers, a team of business development representatives for a territory/region.
- The team is actively and frequently customer facing, providing the value proposition to business or org leaders, qualifying opportunities, and selling the value of the oracle solution.
- Provides operations management of lead qualification functions. Contributes to strategic and tactical planning for the division.
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of staff. Participates in the recruiting process and makes hiring decisions. Manages budget.
Scope of the Role
- Help sales teams sell more and faster Software Components by ensuring their enablement and keeping their focus on key themes and sales plays.
- Create demand through powerful content embedded into sales plays working very closely with Product Marketing and EMEA Regions and all relevant LOBs to provide right assets to the sellers for successful positioning and customer outcomes.
- Drive initiatives, activities and campaigns to raise awareness and deliver dem-gen for Oracle Technology Software with customers, partners, and by fostering communities.
- Act as the advocate and evangelist for the technologies embedded in Software sales plays.
- Drive go-to-market conversations and propositions.
The Successful Candidate Will (through his/her team)
- Be responsible for development, execution, and governance of programmatic go to market initiatives from his/her team.
- Organise knowledge & expertise sharing and coaching activities on the Software technologies in synch with TSE ecosystem.
- Work closely with Marketing, increase awareness on Oracle Data Management market leadership and capitalise on mainstream Marketing investments, for customers and partner programs.
- Work closely with Regional/Local marketing and business development to build specific demand generation initiatives and targeted sales plays driven campaigns for license business.
- Monitor, review and measure sales initiatives and activities, alongside business operations.
- Support sales cycle with right resources and engagements from the extended BDM community
- Identify, maintain, and deploy an internal network of people who can support achievement of plans.
- Works across all other Lines of Business (LoBs) and fosters XLoB relationships.
- Strong team and employee leadership, operating in line with Oracle’s HR policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership & Influencing skills with a results-oriented attitude that overcomes barriers.
- Strategic thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English), interpersonal and teamwork skills, influencing skills, highly organised.
- Positive approach and adaptability.
- High level of energy, drive, and enthusiasm.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, able to identify opportunities and associated risk.
- Innovative and creative.
- Ability to influence thinking and gain acceptance of ideas in sensitive situations.
- Comfortable and experienced in leading change and organisational innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems successfully in a virtual matrix organisation.
- 5 – 6 years on Leadership positions on business development, solution selling or sale consulting expertise.
- Strong background and expertise in technology.
- A broad understanding of business and IT trends and how they relate to current business challenges.
- Strong business (sales) acumen.
- Strong influencing and coaching skills to work with senior sales leaders to drive adoption.
- Experience of driving and owning go-to-market campaigns and propositions.
- Experience in conducting customer and partner engagements.
- Strong communication skills – including strong presentation skills.
- Experience of Oracle’s systems and tools that can drive efficient campaign execution and to provide sales oversight in reporting.
- Having a proven people network across Oracle, including EMEA and Product Teams or the ability to build one quickly
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to different locations in EMEA is required.
- BA / B.Sc preferred. Experience managing staff.
- Experience qualifying prospects and customers; understanding of the sales cycle process.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong Oracle product knowledge.
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met.
- Able to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations important.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
- This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).