Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, FCC Controls, Nigeria
Ref No: 2200011700
Employee Status: Permanent
- Input to Country/Client Business operating model design of relevant FC and business processes.
- Support Country Head, FC to ensure that there is adequate support (people, processes, tools, frameworks, systems) in the Country/Department for necessary FC works.
- Support Country Head, FC to set and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the Country/Department, consistent with the vision and strategy for FC and in support of the Group’s strategic direction and growth aspirations.
- Support Country Head, FC to analyse comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory matters on the relevants business area and its operations.
- Support Country Head, FC to ensure that key changes (to laws, rules, regulations) are communicated and cascaded (in country), in coordination with group communications.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FC.
- Support Country Head, FC to resolve competing requirements between regulations, for example between AML regulations and data privacy/bank secrecy or information security regulations.
- Support the Head, FC to develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Support Head, FC in providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FC related policies and procedures in Country to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Support Head, FC to perform his/her function as the process owner for FC owned and sub processes under the Group’s Risk Management Framework, including implementation and roll-out of relevant processes and DOIs.
- Support Head, FC to provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to Financial Crime Compliance (AML, Sanctions and ABC).
- Support Head, FC to properly identify, analyse, escalate as well as put in place action plans to resolve risk issues.
People and Talent:
- Work with Head of FC and other team members to ensure team cohension and high performance.
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management, streamlined workflows, collaboration, effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Support Country Head, FC to deliver on the approved training curriculum for the year.
- Ensure to clearly understand your roles and responsibilities through regular engagment with Head of FC and other stakeholders.
- Support Head, FC to maintain oversight of risk mitigating action plans.
- Support Head, FC to establish and maintain watch lists used for customer and transaction screening and various other due diligence and investigative purposes (local/regional internal and external).
- Support Head, FC to provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. ORF, GRA).
- Support Head, FC assess risks arising from products, segments, geographies, customers, transactions and escalate risk relevant issues.
- Inform Head, FC/ Head of CFCC of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure support in the resolution of identified risk.
- Ensure to anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the business as a whole and assist to develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Support Country Head, FC to oversee the review and analysis of the client base to identify and manage high risk clients, or specific country reviews.
- Support in the tracking and remediation of FC investigations related regulatory findings.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure the Head, FC and Head, CFCC are informed and support in actions are taken to quickly remediate the issues.
- Participate in the discussions of lessons learned from audit findings, FC assurance activities and specific investigations and support in the implementation of actions.
- Ensure to support the Head, FC to track significant issues arising from FC metrics, FC Assurance activities, Audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary.
- Ensure to support the Head, FC to analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the CFCC function.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the CFCC team in Nigeria to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed “Here for Good” and Group’s brand and values in country.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by Head, FC or Head, CFCC.
- Multiple functions (double hats) as and when required (General Compliance Function).
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- National Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
- Economic Financial Crime Commission (EFCC)
- Other relevant industry stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Financial Crime Compliance Academy Certificate.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2022 (11:59:00 PM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online