One Acre Fund – Founded in 2006, supplies 1.4 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers earn a 40% increase in profit on enrolled land after working with One Acre Fund.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering Lead / Manager, Mobile Services
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Employment Type: Full-time
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
About the Role
- We believe that technology is important for building the most efficient rural distribution network on the African continent.
- Our passionate dev team manages a range of web, chat and mobile solutions to support our field operations staff, such as registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truck loads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, and BI decision support solutions such as analyzing loan repayments.
- Our tech includes .Net Core, React Native and Kubernetes.
- Our tooling landscape includes GitHub, JIRA, Slack and Azure DevOps.
- The Software Engineering Lead will report to the Software Engineering Manager, and the Manager will report to the Director of Engineering
- Lead several development teams working in Agile to ship our mobile solutions efficiently and predictably
- Contribute to our solutions’ technical architecture and design
- Watch for adherence to our technical and quality standards
- Improve and refine our development processes and quality
- Mentor your ~20 team members and support their growth
- Nurture a great team culture
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
- You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll be able to shape a growing organisation and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 8+ years experience building software solutions, including 3+ years in a leadership role
- High technical proficiency in web or mobile technologies
- A desire to keep learning
- Comfortable with cloud-native technologies and architecture
- Experienced Agile (scrum) practitioner – CSM/CSPO appreciated
- Passion for quality, documentation, and automation
- Awareness of field surveying solutions such as ODK appreciated.
- One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits.
Application Closing Date
14th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.