United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
- To produce clean, efficient code based on specifications, testing and deploying programs and system, fixing and improving existing software.
- Technical Excellence
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions in in Python, .Net, PHP and Java
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionalities, requirements, and specifications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Understand and possess hands on skills on service-oriented architecture approach to software development using appropriate communication protocol.
- Participate in team education & knowledge transfer by training and knowledge sharing session.
- Must possess a sense of equity and fairness
- Good communication skills
- Ensure development of high-quality software
- Ensure proper understanding and compliance with existing IT standards.
- Ensure that projects are accurately delivered to schedule.
- Ensure deliverables meet the acceptance criteria given.
- Ensure proper documentation and source code checked into repository and versioned
- Ensure proper handover of developed software to support team for deployment and production support.
- Ensure all development is thoroughly tested before it is presented to the customer
- Provide support to third parties on solution on boarding and management
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2 years and above related experience in software development
Knowledge & skills required:
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application development issues and products.
- Development, customization and implementation of software solutions strong customer service skills and demonstrated ability to build professional relationships
- Excellent knowledge of programming / systems analysis, as well as quality assurance
- Excellent Interpersonal relationship
- Customer relationship management
- Project management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Creativity at handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Strong initiative to finding ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Good knowledge of ISO 8583 protocol.
- Good knowledge of financial/banking domain
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What you should expect from us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online