Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international / Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Site Engineer
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- The incumbent will provide technical, organizational and supervisory inputs to construction projects.
- The role holder will determine the location for infrastructural installations, both above and below ground, and will apply designs and plans to mark out the site.
- The Site Engineer will work on different project sizes ranging from small scale to multimillion-naira ventures and may include civil, road, rail and other infrastructure projects.
- Act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials
- Agree a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- Manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- Communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- Carry out day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors – this is site-specific and may not be the case on all projects
- Coordinate day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- Prepare reports as required
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
QMS, EMS & QH& SMS Responsibilities
- Implement the QMS as defined by the manual and related procedures.
- Obtain and communicate customer requirements to the appropriate personnel or functional organization.
- Ensure that qualified personnel and other resources are available to implement the QMS.
- Ensure that services satisfy customer requirements including quality, safety, cost, schedule, and performance; and
- Ensure that personnel comply with applicable laws, regulations, specifications, standards, and documented procedures.
- Ensuring the integration of the OHSMS and EMS requirements into the departmental processes
- Ensuring effective management of environmental aspects, risks and opportunities and implementation of improvement programs
- Ensuring that the environmental and occupational health and safety management systems achieve its intended results within the department.
- BSc in a Construction related or Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience within a Construction, Real
estate, Oil & gas firm.
- Experience in a construction or engineering environment.
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
- Communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, such as construction managers, quantity surveyors, subcontractors, architects, designers, other engineers
- Organizational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Negotiation skills
- Strong teamworking skills
- Project-management skills.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candida