PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: SHE / TPM Manager
Job Code: JR000407
Location: Ikorodu Factory, Lagos
Revision number: 03
Document No: PZW/MS/F/0035
Department: Safety Health & Environment (SHE)
Reports to: The Head of Manufacturing
Total Department Headcount: 4
- Manage the OSHE teams who are responsible to deliver Occupational Health, Safety and Environment results.
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
Internal & External Relationships:
- Works closely with everyone on site to ensure safety.
- Conduct pre-operational risk assessments and risk mitigation measures Implement all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with ISO 45001-2018 and ISO 14001/ 2004 standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
- Support the Safety stewards in executing continuous audits according to schedule
- Provide SHE improvement proposals stating the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and implementation.
- Investigate the root cause SHE complaints put forward by staff members, customers, clients and contractors and report the result to the SHE manager.
- Follows up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensures that any certification requirements are complied with.
- Audit work being performed with issued ”Work Permit” Assist with the implementation of Job Safety Analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations
- Assist local management in the preparation & presentation of field HSE meetings Participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses
- Assist regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency.
- Maintains records of such drills, providing recommendations for emergency response improvements Inspects regularly, all firefighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans
- Ensure that operations employees, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions
- Assist in preparing written weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance
- Coordinate food safety activities for SHE department such as Documentation and record management
- Conduct Internal and external Audits
- Training and awareness on food safety
- And any other food safety related duties as may be directed by Food safety team leader or SHE/TPM manager.
- To ensure compliance with relevant QMS policies & procedures.
- To identify and rate aspects of SHE activities and develop programs where necessary, to help control those aspects of SHE activities that could have adverse impact on the environment.
- Implement the 8 activity pillars of TPM with the objective of waste reduction (of all sorts)
- To coordinate preventive and predictive maintenance programs for the factory process lines.
- Co-ordinate and interpret equipment performance analyses.
- Ensure that the minimum level of redundancy is enforced for all equipment on site.
- Continually reduce production stoppages due to machine breakdown and failures.
- Advise in maintaining effective stock level of important machine parts, while removing cash stagnancy due to tying down of capital in form of machine parts.
- Responsible for all maintenance carried out on site.
- Works with site management on how to significantly improve the reliability of all packaging and processing systems.
- Leads and coaches teams on continuous improvement projects to improve and aid plant process optimisation.
- Works to optimize utilization of employees, materials, and equipment, while minimizing costs.
- Coordinates the Effective Maintenance pillar.
- Supports the Autonomous Maintenance and Early Equipment Management pillars.
EMS, OH&S and FSSC Responsibilities:
- Implement and comply with EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Understand and apply the intent of the EMS/FSSC/OHS policy and requirements to assigned jobs
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the importance of conformity to the EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements.
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified OHS procedures or legal requirements.
- Ensure prompt escalation (adequate communication) of any food safety related issues to any FSTM, FSTL and or next line of reporting manager
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Needed
- Possess a University Degree in a Science related discipline, Engineering or any other numerate discipline.
- 1-3 years’ work experience safety management
- Detailed knowledge of the SHE procedures.
- Must be computer literate (ms-word, Ms-excel, access)
- Experience in SHE and manufacturing
Job Context & Special Features:
- Ability to take decision decisively and Good sense of judgment.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Pay attention to minute detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Great physical health.
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Ability to display self-confidence
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
Behavioral Competencies / Technical Skills:
- Behavioral competencies are linked to the grade of the position and will be assigned once the position has been evaluated.
- Technical skills (max 8 for each position) need to be detailed below. They are related to the function of the position (e.g. procurement, finance etc.) and should be those that are required to ensure that the position is performed at a Solid standard of performance.
- Team Work
- Hazard identification and controls
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Environmental Management
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online