Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Internal Financial Systems
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
- We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Money Movement, Internal Financial Systems team and help continue our amazing growth trajectory.
- Chipper Cash is more than just a mobile wallet. It’s how people send money home to their grandparents for medicine, how parents send money to their children for school books, and how the African continent connects to the worldwide economy.
- Our products and business are growing rapidly and we need innovative thinkers and digital explorers to help us pave the way in exciting areas such as cross-border transactions, cryptocurrency, and expanding opportunities for generational wealth through access to the stock market.
- You’ll be responsible for developing and maturing the engineering systems that handle the flow of money within the Chipper platform.
- Specifically your work will impact areas such as payments between users, wallet balances, ledgers, global liquidity, and other areas as we expand and scale.
- The systems you’ll work on and create are the core of our platform and are the building blocks that products such as Crypto, Stocks, Debit Cards, and our Network API rely on.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, develop, and maintain Chipper’s money movement systems and infrastructure
- Analyze technical problems, design and document solutions, and champion their adoption
- Review technical specifications and code from other engineers, proactively providing guidance and suggestions to improve individuals and systems
- Improve, promote and maintain our coding and quality standards and continue to raise the bar on our engineering practices
- Pair, mentor, and learn with and from other engineers on the team and wider engineering organization
- Collaborate and work with a distributed, diverse, and talented group of people across engineering, product, design, operations, growth, and more
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers people to grow and succeed
- Help out in other areas as needed, such as with issue resolution, incidents and investigations, engineering wide initiatives, and other high impact work
- Have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and in multiple domains, such as external fund movement, crypto currency, mobile applications, cloud infrastructure, and more.
What You Should Have
- Multiple years of experience designing and developing backend engineering systems
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal, to collaborate with other engineers and product managers
- Ability to think and reason about technical systems and problems, and come up with solutions that are simple yet performant and mature
- A high degree of collaboration, autonomy, responsibility, and initiative. You will be part of a team environment that rewards and expects supportive autonomy, where you are supported and given trust and ability to operate independently without micromanagement
- A kind, compassionate, empathetic, and inclusive mindset
About Our Tech Stack
- Fullstack TypeScript
- Fully automated CI/CD using Semaphore and Github.
- Node.js – service based architecture
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku, AWS, and GCP
- Monitoring with Datadog & Logz.io
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting.
- React Native – Android / iOS application
- Monitoring with BugSnag & Amplitude
- Global state management with Redux
- Chipper UI design system powered by: Styled Components & StoryBook.
At Chipper Cash we prioritize people. We offer competitive salary and benefits including generous PTO that you’ll actually be encouraged to take, equity in the company, outstanding health and wellness benefits, generous parental leave, retirement matching, a welcoming and inclusive culture that embraces the open-minded traveler with a love for humanity and all our differences, and much more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online