Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, Commerce Services – Backend
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
- We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join the Commerce Services team and help continue our amazing growth trajectory.
- Chipper is more than just a mobile wallet, it’s how people send money home to their grandparents for medicine, how parents send money to their children for school books, it’s how the African continent gets connected to the economy worldwide.
- Our products and business are growing rapidly and we need innovative thinkers and gritty explorers to help us pave the way in exciting areas like cryptocurrency, cross-border transactions, and expanding opportunities for generational wealth through access to the stock market.
- You’ll be responsible for developing and maturing Chipper’s Cards product and services.
- We launched Virtual Debit Cards in Nigeria in 2021 and are now looking to launch in more countries as well as expand our offerings. New country launches, rewards programs, and physical cards are all potential areas you may impact and work on.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design, develop, and maintain Chipper’s card systems, integrations, and infrastructure
- Build out new features and products to help grow and scale Cards worldwide
- Communicate and work directly with the technology partners Chipper uses for card issuance, transaction processing, and other card services
- Analyze technical problems, design and document solutions, and champion their adoption
- Review technical specifications and code from other engineers, proactively providing guidance and suggestions to improve individuals and systems
- Improve, promote and maintain our coding and quality standards and continue to raise the bar on our engineering practices
- Pair, mentor, and learn with and from other engineers on the team and wider engineering organization
- Collaborate and work with a distributed, diverse, and talented group of people across engineering, product, design, operations, growth, and more
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers people to grow and succeed
- Help out in other areas as needed, such as with issue resolution, incidents and investigations, engineering wide initiatives, and other high impact work
- Have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and in multiple domains such as airtime, bill payments, money movement, mobile applications, cloud infrastructure, and more.
What You Should Have
- Multiple years of experience designing and developing backend engineering systems
- Experience working with API integrations to third party technology partners
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal, to collaborate with other engineers and product managers
- Ability to think and reason about technical systems and problems, and come up with solutions that are simple yet performant and mature
- A high degree of collaboration, autonomy, responsibility, and initiative. You will be part of a team environment that rewards and expects supportive autonomy, where you are supported and given trust and ability to operate independently without micromanagement
- A kind, compassionate, empathetic, and inclusive mindset
About Our Tech Stack
- Fullstack Typescript
- Fully automated CI/CD using Semaphore and Github Unit testing with Jest/Mocha.
- React Native – Android / iOS application
- Monitoring with BugSnag & Amplitude
- Global state management with Redux
- Chipper UI design system powered by: Styled Components & StoryBook
- Node.js – service based architecture
- PostgreSQL application databases
- RabbitMQ for inter-server communication
- Server hosting on Heroku and Google Cloud Platform Monitoring with Datadog & Logz.io
- Snowflake for data warehousing and analysis
- Python for in-depth data analysis, transformation, and reporting.
At Chipper Cash we prioritize people. We offer competitive salary and benefits including paid time off that you’ll actually be encouraged to take, equity in the company, outstanding health and wellness benefits, generous parental leave, retirement matching, a welcoming and inclusive culture that embraces the open-minded traveler with a love for humanity and all our differences, and much more.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online