Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international / Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager & Planner
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- The position will be accountable for delivery of assigned Company’s projects from concept development and design, through to front-end and detailed engineering design, construction, and commissioning & handover to operations.
- Key aspects of this position include managing service providers to ensure on-time and on-schedule project delivery, supervising any inspections and testing, and ensuring a flawless commissioning and start-up before handover to operations.
- Management and execution of assigned projects within and outside Lagos from design, construction, commissioning and handover, while ensuring delivery in accordance with project specifications, schedule and budget.
- Undertake project value engineering to ensure cost and schedule are best-in-class, while adhering to the relevant specifications, standards and applicable codes
- Develop technical and commercial specifications for contracts, review technical proposals, organize general tender processes and manage contractor performance
- Perform vendor identification, pre-qualification, tender clarifications and technical evaluations
- Responsible for the identification, mitigation and management of risk on the assigned project
- Lead project risk mitigation through HAZOP studies, constructability reviews etc.
- Facilitate the development of a strong safety culture in the project team and compliance with company HSE standards by contractors on site.
- Manage project reporting and interface across all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure timely and effective communication with appropriate stakeholders for changes to approved scope, quality, cost and schedule
- Contribute to the development of business proposals and infrastructural investment appraisals, where applicable
QMS, EMS & QH & SMS Responsibilities:
- Implement the QMS as defined by the manual and related procedures.
- Obtain and communicate customer requirements to the appropriate personnel or functional organization.
- Ensure that qualified personnel and other resources are available to implement the QMS.
- Ensure that services satisfy customer requirements including quality, safety, cost, schedule, and performance; and
- Ensure that personnel comply with applicable laws, regulations, specifications, standards, and documented procedures.
- Ensuring the integration of the OHSMS and EMS requirements into the departmental processes
- Ensuring effective management of environmental aspects, risks and opportunities and implementation of improvement programs
- Ensuring that the environmental and occupational health and safety management systems achieves its intended results within department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred or demonstrable experience in
EPC Project Management within the Oil & Gas and Construction Sectors
- 10+ years of work experience in providing EPC Project Management to
large Energy, Oil and Gas and/or Construction clients.
- Strong project-based delivery experience; strategic thinking; oral and
written communication skills
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred but not mandatory.
- Excellent ability to express self-confidently, clearly, fluently, concisely and persuasively in spoken and written English.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with contractors
- Ability to supervise projects and ensure delivery within stipulated time and budget cost
- Ability to assess risks associated with project
- Knowledge of Planning, Cost Reporting, Estimating and Change Control techniques.
- Knowledge of value engineering process & techniques
- Develop Scope of Work based on Stakeholder requirements for all major projects.
- Prepare negotiation strategies for projects
- Supervision of Quality Assurance & Quality Control implementation plans for all projects
- Good planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
- Strong level of integrity with a sound work ethic
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Proven ability to coach, guide, motivate and lead multicultural and cross functional teams in challenging environments
- Proven ability to work independently, as part of a team and with initiatives to meet tight deadlines
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 years – 55 years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
- Experience: Minimum Experience 10 Year
- Other experience: 10+ years of work experience in providing EPC Project Management to large Energy, Oil and Gas and/or Construction clients
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager).
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online