Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Programme Coordinator – Agriculture, Food Security, Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilience
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Reports to: Humanitarian Response Manager
Competency Level: 2
About the Role
- The Senior Programme Coordinator, Food Security, Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilience provides day to day oversight and strategic leadership on the development and implementation of Food Security, Livelihood and Resilience (FSLR) Project Activities.
- This includes management of all aspects of the programme, including recruitment and performance management, assessments, designing, planning, implementation, monitoring, staff capacity building, reporting, and technical support to the agricultural recovery and sustainable livelihoods programme and all related projects.
- He/she will be responsible for managing all Christian Aid Livelihoods programmes, projects, and partnerships as well as the effective management of significant associated project budgets. He/she will hold the broad and strategic remit for the food security, sustainable livelihoods, and resilience portfolio for the programme, with a special interest in agricultural recovery for communities affected by conflict.
- Will be Thematic Leader on Livelihoods for the Country programme.
- The post holder will lead the development of Christian Aid policy and strategy on Food Security, agricultural livelihoods, agricultural recovery, private sector engagement in the country, and contributing actively to the development of a regional and divisional strategy on livelihoods and engaging with the private sector.
- The post holder will contribute to the representation, and brand management of Christian Aid project portfolio, engage with and promote programme communication and fundraising, with institutional donors.
- The role requires technical specialism such as understanding of the sustainable livelihoods framework, understanding of agricultural recovery, resilience framework, humanitarian preparedness and response, value chain analysis, farming as a business and engaging market players, inclusive market systems development, facilitating linkages, and creating space for various players in the market to interact and enabling markets to work for the poor in fostering agricultural recovery.
- The post holder will contribute to developing work norms for cash for work interventions that promote agro-based and none agro-based livelihoods and promote the integration of agri-nutrition in agricultural recovery.
- You must have a Post-graduate qualification in a discipline related to Agronomy, Plant Science, Agricultural Extension, Agriculture, Food Security and/or relevant discipline or commensurate work experience instead of a Post-graduate qualification.
- At least 3 years of experience in Market-driven approach, cash for work programming, post-conflict agricultural recovery with an advanced understanding of agricultural extension, communication, support services in IDP settings, agricultural nutrition intervention and crop agronomy.
- You must have a strong experience in budget management and proposal development.
- You must have strong experience in report writing including donor and end of project reports.
- You must have experience in staff management and project management in a cross-cultural environment.
- You must experience in budget management experience.
- You are required to have outstanding communication skills – written and spoken.
- You must have strong problem-solving abilities and the capacity to solve complex issues related to project’ delivery.
- You are required to conduct yourself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Christian Aid.
- You must be detail-oriented, and able to work independently and meet deadlines. Fluency in written and spoken English; and local languages spoken in Southern Borno is essential for this role.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
- Christian Aid is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with Christian Aid is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to Christian Aid’s Safeguarding policy and sign Christian Aid’s Code of Conduct.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.