Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Job ID: 2022-4710
Employment Status: Full-Time
Category: International Positions
- The Senior Procurement Officer supports the procurement team in ensuring efficiency and integrity of the processes for procurement of goods and services at Jhpiego’s office.
Procurement of Goods and Services:
- Perform procurement functions for goods and services with utmost integrity.
- Prioritizes, evaluates, and manages procurement needs and opportunities.
- Coordinate procurement processes in collaboration with the Procurement Manager.
- Document all processes followed in procurement for references, audits and other third party reviews
- Provide coaching and mentoring for supervisees to perform procurement functions.
- Support in updating vendor’s database in line with Jhpiego’s policy
- Support procurement committee functions
- Ensure compliance with document retention strategy for the department.
- Support the Procurement Manager in sustaining compliance to USAID and Jhpiego procurement regulations.
- Support review meetings with all project procurement staff to review compliance and implement improvements and best practices.
- Conform to compliance indicators for procurement. Track and report against performance.
- Conform to the established sourcing and procurement processes that promotes transparency and integrity.
- Enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, while reducing or mitigating risk in procurement management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent related qualification
- MBA is highly desired
- Purchasing-related certifications will be an added advantage.
- 7+ years’ experience in procurement required; in USAID- funded procurement preferred.
- Knowledge of global sourcing and procurement strategies, tactics, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- In-depth knowledge of USAID and other international donor regulations
- Experience supervising staff
- Ability to exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Adaptable, creative, collaborative and able to think strategically.
- Ability to lead in the face of complexity in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written)
- Able to work under pressure, take initiative and manage and prioritize work independently.
- Ability to travel to and work in state in which Jhpiego operates.
N772,300.18 – N833,232.03 Monthly (Gross).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.